Bad Allocation problem

Bad Allocation problem

Postby RubberPIX » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:12 am

I purchased the 2nd DLC a few days ago and since then I've been plagued with crash to desktops with 'Bad Allocation' messages at various times. Sometimes I can farm for several hours straight without a problem, but for the past few hours I've had 3 of them along with the game crashing. I also had updated the Catalyst drivers for my video card since another game I play required them to be updated.

I have a lot of mods in here that I've used since I first bought the game, like the Fliegl, so some of these mods have proven that they don't have any problems with them even though they provide errors in the log. I hope someone can help me.

Andy
Attachments
log.txt
(15.39 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
RubberPIX

Re: Bad Allocation problem

Postby Triodes » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:10 am

the warnings are no problem but there is one mod that causes an error, i reccomend deleting that first.

the bad allocation error is a memory error. try shutting down all other applications before running the game.

and how much RAM do you have? and what's your operating system?
Happy to help :)
Triodes

Postby RubberPIX » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:08 pm

I have 4GB installed on Windows XP Professional so I only get access to 3.25GB. I admit I do have one or two more things running in the taskbar now that I didn't then, but I didn't think that was such a problem.

As for the mod giving an error, you mean the Kenworth am I right? It's so hard to find a truck mod that doesn't *zensiert* that provides good power for hauling. Can you suggest a replacement truck OR if this isn't the mod you were talking about, which one was?

Thanks for the help
Andy
RubberPIX

Postby RubberPIX » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:54 pm

I removed the Tip anywhere mod and from the small amount of time I spent playing it, it didn't crash. I'm hoping it's just that or maybe I dumped silage when I shouldn't have at the biogas facility and had it spawn under the cement.

I'll test it more later, but the Kenworth (which I'm assuming is the one you mentioned) is one of the mods that I have had for a long time and have run with no problems before. If that wasn't the mod, let me know which one you meant and I'll look at removing it.

Andy
RubberPIX

Postby Triodes » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:59 pm

I just don't like seeing the word error in the log file :D
if you have good experiences with this mod, you should keep it.

by the way, the word error is found 11 times in your log so there might be another mod that's causing errors.
Triodes

Postby RubberPIX » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:28 am

I was able to play for about an hour without any problems (saving frequently of course) and after my last save, I was going to check out what the prices were at for silage and when I tried pressing I a second time for my pda, it locked my computer up. I have no idea why, but that's not the first time it did that either, but otherwise everything went fine. When I restarted, my computer somehow crashed while loading up so I restarted after telling it to scan the drives for errors. I went off to eat and when I came back, windows was still in 16-bit color mode so I changed that, but everything else seems fine now. I'll get around to trying to play again tomorrow or later tonight, but I have a feeling this isn't a FS11 issue and is more Windows acting like a spoiled brat. I can't wait to get Win7.

Andy
RubberPIX

Postby RubberPIX » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:07 am

Well, it froze a few times and CTD once so I'm leaning toward it being the driver. I'm guessing going back to catalyst 9.2 would fix it, but that would mean some other games wouldn't play smooth or at all. Choices :(

Andy
RubberPIX

Postby Triodes » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:47 am

i hope you can solve the problems, but i don't think i can help much more.
There is one thing i do when my PC starts acting crappy, i completely reinstall it. It's a pretty drastic measure but i do it every 2 year or so. it helps keep your Windows clean and fast but it's definetly a lot of work. (for me around 2 days)

Greetz Triodes
Triodes

Return to [FS11] General Questions