Kuhn SPV Confort 12

DeereJason

Kuhn SPV Confort 12

Post by DeereJason »

Can the basic Kuhn SPV Confort 12 (unmodded) spread straw for bedding by the cows?
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Re: Kuhn SPV Confort 12

Post by bassaddict »

It can load straw, it unloads in regular trigger, so no reason why that shouldn't work.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Thanks....can anyone confirm that they've done this?

I'm playing the console version and I'm working on a strategy that will allow for the maximum amount of equipment in the slots available.

Final results are yet to be determined as I have not begun to plant sugar beets and potatoes.
mlenane100

Post by mlenane100 »

I'm on ps3 and just tried it and yeah it seems to work. Loaded one round bale into confort 12, lined up, unloaded and straw volume increased.
A possible saving of 5 slots by not having to use the Primor 3570.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Thanks for trying that out.

Yeah, that's my general plan with all equipment...save slots. It takes the same amount of slots as the 1880 AND you save the slots by not needing an extra or dedicated tractor. The key to my over all plan = fewer tractors. Once I get all the equipment I need, I'll try adding a few other items if I have the space.

Placeables are pretty much non-existent in the console versions...they are available, but the slots are needed for more important things.
mlenane100

Post by mlenane100 »

No problem, and at least I know down the road I can sell the 3570 and the tractor i have attached if I find myself stuck for slots.
Would never have thought of using it for that job, just make sure you plan your fills.
Don't want to get stuck with too much straw loaded to be able to make a good feeder mix when you need it and vice versa.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

How much straw can be put down at one time?

If there is no limit, I'll probably do the straw first...if there's a limit, I'll do one bale and if there's extra, I'll just load more silage. I'll figure out something if need be.
mlenane100

Post by mlenane100 »

The straw bedding max for me for 6 days is 60019 L. Maximum mixed feed level for me is 198016 L. That is for 100 cows. So really you would get plenty of a warning if you were getting low on either.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

I did a trial run last night (without any cows)...it allows 9000 L... I'm guessing it will allow for more upon accumulating more cows?
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

The capacity of the feeding troughs is defined by "the amount of animals" multiplied with "the usage per day per animal of that specific fruit" multiplied with "6 days stock".

Code: Select all

g_strawUsagePerAnimalPerDay.cow = 100;
   g_forageUsagePerAnimalPerDay.cow = 330;
   g_manureLitersPerAnimalPerDay.cow = 200;
   g_grassUsagePerAnimalPerDay.cow = 200;
   g_silageUsagePerAnimalPerDay.cow = 150;
   g_liquidManureLitersPerAnimalPerDay.cow = 250;
   g_milkLitersPerAnimalPerDay.cow = 714;
DeereJason

Easier way to bed cows

Post by DeereJason »

I found an easier and faster way to get around using the mixer (and baler) to distribute straw. Instead of taking all the time to bale the straw, go around field with the bale pickup wagon, unload and then have to add them to the mixer...I just use the self-loading forage wagon...fill it, back it up to the barn and unload...large capacity filling in seconds. No multiple loads, no messing around with bales. I use the forage wagon to pick up all my straw after combining to make more money, taking one extra load to the cows isn't much more work. Plus, if it still has some left, I just take it back and sell it.

I may just decide to cut out baling straw altogether...I don't need it for the ration and silage is easy to make (compared to making and handling bales). I'm also considering going to just a round baler to free up some slots...is handling the round bales any easier than the squares? I know there is no autoloader, but I combined fields 19 & 20 (Westbridge Map) and just have it planted in grass...so it's close to the cows.
Bootdancer47

Post by Bootdancer47 »

There is a mod(Arcusin) for the round bales-it is a mod of the Arcusin square bale loader. I am not sure where it is, since it was done early in 2013 or late 2012, so you may have to go that far back. I think it stacks about 8 bales in a single pile. Worked well for me on one of my maps. Sorry I can't give you the link.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Sorry, I'm on the console...mentioned it in an earlier post...so, no mods.
gearhed502

Post by gearhed502 »

the ursus add on has a auto-loader. it will only work with the small bales from the ursus baler, but there is also a bale wrapper that turns hay bales into silage bales
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

again...still on the console..no mods or add-ons. I've decided to stick with the square baler for now.