ZA-X1402 Fertilizing Question

wilmer007

ZA-X1402 Fertilizing Question

Post by wilmer007 »

Why isn't the ZA-X1402 fertilizing (on the front of the tractor) after it runs out of the 1750 liters if i'm using a helper to seed in the back with a seeder?

From what i recall it use to work on a previous save (when i was cultivating in the back) and would fertilize unlimited liters as long as the helper was using the back to do cultivate or seed.

This is a problem for me as i would have to buy a fertilizer that holds more liters and has a wider working width, not to mention i would have to fertilize manually and that is something that wouldn't work for me as i'm trying to maintain lots of cows.

I tried using different seeders and nothing. Perhaps it only works with cultivating?
Fastest Way of Making Money in Farming Simulator 15:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_Pm2KuWsQk

Making Hard Mode Less of a Grind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQpJc-Na7zo
SMDSY

Re: ZA-X1402 Fertilizing Question

Post by SMDSY »

u imght have to activate the fertilizer ur self when u have it like that.. and whit the worker driving
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

try changing the order to which the implements were attached to the tractor, as this has an effect on the AI helpers and how they will used some implements.

e.g.
try attaching the ZA-X1402 spreader first then attach the drill
else try the inverse of the above being:
attaching the drill first then attach the ZA-X1402 spreader.

as said though you may need to manually start the ZA-X1402 spreader, as if I recall they work a little different to e.g. a cultivator being on the front of a tractor and a drill on the rear, which produces best results when the cultivator is attached before the drill.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
RubberPIX

Post by RubberPIX »

It could also be a mod that you installed that has a script to remove the worker's ability to obtain the fertilizer or seed for him/herself. Either check each of your recent mods out to see if there is text in there that would do that or remove the mods one by one to see which one is doing it.

Andy
wilmer007

Post by wilmer007 »

RubberPIX wrote:It could also be a mod that you installed that has a script to remove the worker's ability to obtain the fertilizer or seed for him/herself. Either check each of your recent mods out to see if there is text in there that would do that or remove the mods one by one to see which one is doing it.

Andy

i removed the mods i wasn't using and it still doing it. Where in the xml files would the helper info be to check if it's a mod is causing this?

RubberPIX

Post by RubberPIX »

Ok, I just tested it myself after finding out that the one you're using is not a mod but one included in the game, silly me. I found that it does indeed use the fertilizer even if the worker is doing his thing. Try using Courseplay to do the fertilizing. I gotta run now, but I know there's a website just for it that includes a manual of how to use it so you might want to check that out. Once the paths are made and it's set up properly, your worker can do the fertilizing himself and when he runs out, he can go refill it and then return to where he left off.

Andy
wilmer007

Post by wilmer007 »

RubberPIX wrote:Ok, I just tested it myself after finding out that the one you're using is not a mod but one included in the game, silly me. I found that it does indeed use the fertilizer even if the worker is doing his thing. Try using Courseplay to do the fertilizing. I gotta run now, but I know there's a website just for it that includes a manual of how to use it so you might want to check that out. Once the paths are made and it's set up properly, your worker can do the fertilizing himself and when he runs out, he can go refill it and then return to where he left off.

Andy

Courseplay seems hard to use. I might just keep doing it manually and take him to refill when he gets low on fertilizer. Or i might just buy another fertilizer with a bigger tank such as the ZG-B 8200 that has a 36m width and 8000 liter tank.

Or maybe there is a mod out there that has a front loading fertilizer that has the helper refilling automatically without leaving the field. Or perhaps a mod that has a bigger tank for a front loading fertilizer.

Bootdancer47

Post by Bootdancer47 »

I use the two fertilizer spreaders on the front of the tractor for different seeders depending on the width I need that are part of the Classic DLC with the AI and I don't run out even though the capacity is very small. As long as you don't have the fertilizer going without the seeder going you should not run out unless you run out of seed then you will be out of fertilizer as well. One size is great for the corn planter and the other for the Horsch no-till seeder. One of them is also the right size for the 6 row potato planter. They each overlap a little but not like having to use one of the Amazone spreaders.
RubberPIX

Post by RubberPIX »

I found a modded Amazone Condor seeder that also includes a fertilizer tank.
http://www.modhoster.com/mods/amazonecondor

What I also found is that I had a placeable mod that reider had warned me about that would cause my hired workers to use the seed and fertilizer in the equipment instead of paying for it through their wages. Once I took that mod out and tested that I could hire a worker with a basic sower without it using seed, I tried both the fertilizer spreader on the front while towing that modded Condor and neither one used seed or fertilizer, it just drained my cash a bit faster like it's supposed to. My guess is that one of your other mods that you DO use causes this. I don't know if fertilizing can be singled out or not, but I would get a vehicle ready with a seeder and fertilizer like you had been doing and save it. Back up your save game and then start removing mods one by one (or two by two, etc.) and then use that vehicle that's ready to test it out. You should not see either tank go down once your worker is hired. Once you find it, either look through the .lua files in the zip to find the right file or come back here and post what mod you have and any other information you can on where you got it and we'll figure out how to remove that part while keeping your mod intact. Maybe just finding the same mod somewhere else might work better, who knows. Good luck!

Andy
Bootdancer47

Post by Bootdancer47 »

Bootdancer47 wrote:I use the two fertilizer spreaders on the front of the tractor for different seeders depending on the width I need that are part of the Classic DLC with the AI and I don't run out even though the capacity is very small. As long as you don't have the fertilizer going without the seeder going you should not run out unless you run out of seed then you will be out of fertilizer as well. One size is great for the corn planter and the other for the Horsch no-till seeder. One of them is also the right size for the 6 row potato planter. They each overlap a little but not like having to use one of the Amazone spreaders.
Just a clarification here--I am a perfectionist so I almost always seed the ends of the fields that the seeder doesn't get when turning around so my seed total will go down a little each time. And I always start my fertilizer to start a field before I assign the AI, so my fertilizer will go down a bit as well. The fertilizer will show the same amount as the seeder does but in reality it is different, but changing to each separate tool(using G key) shows the same amount until you unhook the seeder from the tractor and then the fertilizer spreader will show the correct amount left in it. I understood what I was talking about but did anyone else. :?: :lol: