Chaff

kansas_dude

Chaff

Post by kansas_dude »

Is there a way to sell Chaff at a selling station (like the Grain Mill)?
Murph

Re: Chaff

Post by Murph »

Pretty sure the answer is no, but why would you want to do that? Ferment it into silage. Then either sell it via the biogas hopper for big $$$, or feed to cows for optimum milk production. With 4 silos at the biogas plant and 1 at the cow pasture, there should always be somewhere to dump it out.
Mac user
kansas_dude

Post by kansas_dude »

I want no cows and I have no use for the biogas plant
Murph

Post by Murph »

kansas_dude wrote:I want no cows and I have no use for the biogas plant
Well then you have no use for chaff. Sell your BigX and buy a corn cutter head for a harvester instead, to collect corn instead of chaff. Either that, or don't grow corn (assuming that's where you're getting chaff from).

Chaff into the silos at the biogas plant, then the silage from that into the biogas hopper is one of the best money sources in the game.
Mac user
Farmallb

Post by Farmallb »

Where in Kans are you. I was born raised in Doniphan Co.
Blake12

Post by Blake12 »

Kansas dude u from Kansas because I am
44MagnuM

Post by 44MagnuM »

I'm from Kansas, also ! Finney Co.
meistroracer

Post by meistroracer »

Kansas_dude: all that have responded to you made some very sound advices. Bio plant is where need to dump Chaff in. There is no other place to sell them in game. An to tell you, chaffing corn to silage is the best for filling up your silos in a hurry. I did it with field #9 on the West Bridge Hill map, and I used up all of silos and even the cows silos. And I still had plenty of chaff leftover. I ended up reselling the tippers that they were in. OH well......Oh btw, don't plant corn clear across the other side of the map and to have to travel the chaff all the way to the other side to dump it. LOL a lesson I learn yesterday the hard way. I even had field 13 bought but was not thinking. LOL awesome game. I can't get enough of it.
kansas_dude

Post by kansas_dude »

Farmallb wrote:Where in Kans are you. I was born raised in Doniphan Co.
Wichita
jturie

Post by jturie »

You can make some serious bucks from dumping silage into the BGA hopper, but the default process of making silage is a royal PITA. There is a better way.....

I got a "Silage silo" mod that lets you dump in grass or chaff and then over time turns it into silage. Drive by with a big tipper, load her up, and truck thee off to the BGA and dump it (on an in-game map you'll need to buy a placeable ramp for the BGA). No need for 10 trips to the bunker, compressing, blanketing, and repetitive scooping with a front end loader.

However, as Murph said, you dinna need silage if you have no cows and don't do BGA.
Dorothy frm Ks

Post by Dorothy frm Ks »

Hello
stanleyo

Post by stanleyo »

A bunch of Kansans, eh? I am from Sumner Co. Finished HS b4 entering 21 years in USAF. Love the farming. Did plenty of it in South Central KS and Oklahoma.