Forest map cutting trees question?

Cyrus01

Forest map cutting trees question?

Post by Cyrus01 »

hi
Hope this is posted in the correct place and sorry but I couldn't find the answer on here already.
I have just got the forest map and forest mod. Am I correct in thinking you can cut down any tree with the red spray mark on it?
I haven't had much time on it yet (20mins) but I tried a few trees that where marked red and the chain saw did nothing, but with trees that were already cut down (they were blocking the road) cut fine.

Any ideas, the mod works fine on the default farm sim 2013 map.
wizard4278

Re: Forest map cutting trees question?

Post by wizard4278 »

You have to turn the saw sideways.

~Wizard~
Professional Wise-Ass ~ Purveyor of Sarcastic Humor ~ Part-Time Alcoholic
~If you think I'm bad here, you should see me on Facebook~
Cyrus01

Post by Cyrus01 »

Thanks for the quick reply, but I think I tried that. I will check when I get home. So should it be any tree with red paint can be chopped down?

Well i have just spent all evening chopping down trees and stacking and chipping.

Once i logged into the game i tried to chop some trees down and no matter what way i held the chain saw, nothing happened. So i cleared some pre felled trees and went back to the first ones again after 30 mins and i was able to chop then down. maybe they werent fully grown when you start a new game.

Either way its all working now, just need so practice stacking them on to a trailer. I seem to have self unloading trailers. :hmm:

cheers :lol:
Farmer_Bob

Post by Farmer_Bob »

It comes to my mind that there is a limit to how many tree you can cut down at once but I could be wrong.

Bob. :hi:
wizard4278

Post by wizard4278 »

Farmer_Bob wrote:It comes to my mind that there is a limit to how many tree you can cut down at once but I could be wrong.

Bob. :hi:
Now that you mention it Ian, I recall reading that same thing in the mod description.
......Good to "see" ya, btw

~Wizard~
Professional Wise-Ass ~ Purveyor of Sarcastic Humor ~ Part-Time Alcoholic
~If you think I'm bad here, you should see me on Facebook~
Farmer_Bob

Post by Farmer_Bob »

wizard4278 wrote:
Now that you mention it Ian, I recall reading that same thing in the mod description.
......Good to "see" ya, btw

~Wizard~
So I'm not going crazy in my old age then?

Just passing Wiz m8.
M&M

Post by M&M »

For my part,
I make the use on Westbridge Hills map and use the forest mod from Giants.

This morning ,, since I did read this thread here and I made the count of how many trees I have planted.
I made the use of 1/3 of field 11 East side area in front of the sheeps field and planted also across the street
of field 11 south side and planted on field 17 behind that brown and green farm building. Over 270 trees are
planted on 11 & 17 fields and all are fully grown and ready to cut when ever I feel like chopping some wood ...

No issues how so ever and love the forest on both side of the street on field 11 and 17 ...
Awesome forest and looks superb eachtime I job some farm or forest task as my forestery cutting tree factory
is in front of the sheeps field area location on field 11.
Cyrus01

Post by Cyrus01 »

Thanks for the replies , I have enjoyed several evening now chopping trees down.
I am now awaiting my delivery of farm sim 15 (made the mistake of ordering from zavvi on Black Friday) Where I hope to carry on the logging business.
M&M

Post by M&M »

Glade it all work for you Cyrus01 ...
Now a other farm mate going for FS2015 ,,, sound good and how youll be enjoying the
forestery there and have great experience with that new farm sim system software from GIANTS ...

They only thing I dont like about FS2015 ,, is that Westbridge Hills map as dirt roads at places where it was
more asphalt roads on FS2013 Westbridge Hilles map. And also car are driving roads where are no way to be found on FS2013.

I love better the Westbridge Hills FS2013 map the way it is ,,, but again thats just me ...

Have fun what ever game you are using ...
They are all GIANTS ,, so we know it is best what ever you choose to farm on ... :mrgreen: