Multiple copies of the game

farmer_bell

Multiple copies of the game

Post by farmer_bell »

Hi,

I am after some advice.

I have only recently discovered FS 2013 and I am loving it so far. I have purchased through Steam and I have also bought all the DLC's. This is all on my home computer, which has a fast internet connection.

My question is this.

I work on a boat, so I am away from home for 6 months of the year. I do not have access to a fast internet connection on the boat. I dont have the internet at all in my cabin. I am wondering how I can play the game whilst on board. I have an older PC on the boat, which meets the minimum specs to run the game. I would like to be able to play the game whilst out at sea.
I am assuming I will have to purchase the game and the DLC's again, which I dont mind, but can I check, if I download from the Giants website, does the file come down as a single executable file, that I could put on a memory stick and take out to my PC on the boat, or would I have to buy the DVD rom version? We do have the internet on board, so I can get the program activated, as long as it is just a simple online activation and it doesnt try and download tons of stuff. Our connection on the boat runs about 128k, shared amongst 10 office computers, so it is really not very fast and no use for downloading files, hence my requirement to have a copy that I can take out to the boat. Does the DVD version have to be internet activated?

Cheers

Lee
danielhawkins

Re: Multiple copies of the game

Post by danielhawkins »

farmer_bell wrote:Hi,

I am after some advice.

I have only recently discovered FS 2013 and I am loving it so far. I have purchased through Steam and I have also bought all the DLC's. This is all on my home computer, which has a fast internet connection.

My question is this.

I work on a boat, so I am away from home for 6 months of the year. I do not have access to a fast internet connection on the boat. I dont have the internet at all in my cabin. I am wondering how I can play the game whilst on board. I have an older PC on the boat, which meets the minimum specs to run the game. I would like to be able to play the game whilst out at sea.
I am assuming I will have to purchase the game and the DLC's again, which I dont mind, but can I check, if I download from the Giants website, does the file come down as a single executable file, that I could put on a memory stick and take out to my PC on the boat, or would I have to buy the DVD rom version? We do have the internet on board, so I can get the program activated, as long as it is just a simple online activation and it doesnt try and download tons of stuff. Our connection on the boat runs about 128k, shared amongst 10 office computers, so it is really not very fast and no use for downloading files, hence my requirement to have a copy that I can take out to the boat. Does the DVD version have to be internet activated?

Cheers

Lee
I have both 2013 and 15 and as far as i can remember when installing my DVD version on my PC the only activation required is your code, which i am unsure of whether it does use internet or not but if it does it would be hardly anything. Other than that all files required are on your CD.
Some please correct me if i am wrong. I hav never had to reinstall so can't remember that clearly.
You could also download the .exe file for it with which they will send an email with the activation code, same as downloading DLC's. As far as i know it is possible to copy them onto a USB and do it that way.
What ever it is I just said; I could be wrong!
Farming on FS17
"PC"
-MSI Gaming Pro Carbon RGB
-Intel i7 6850K Hexacore 3.6gHz-3.9gHz
-32GB RAM
-MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
-Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 1TB
-Win 10 Pro 64-Bit
-Logitech G710+, Corsair M65 PRO RGB
-Samsung SyncMaster B2240
How to find and post your Log.txt
mikeaust

Re: Multiple copies of the game

Post by mikeaust »

I have done it a few times and have it on 2 machines at home. All you need is the Key code for it to reinstall. this goes for the DLCs as well.
cheers,
Mike