Xbox mods.

Sheribd

Xbox mods.

Post by Sheribd »

I wanna know if I'm able to add mods to the game since I play on Xbox. I see all's these videos with people driving trucks and gooseneck trailers. Am I able to get these on xbox?
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Re: Xbox mods.

Post by bassaddict »

No mods for the consoles. They are still too weak.
Sheribd

Post by Sheribd »

dang.
Sheribd

Post by Sheribd »

if I download the demo will I be able to mod on the demo?
Bkp

Post by Bkp »

Still a no
sfy

Post by sfy »

its not a matter of which version you have. its the fact that the console itself is too weak......and other things as well.

want mods? get the PC version.
Bkp

Post by Bkp »

I don't think it's because it's too weak, but because of the way consoles are made so you can't get easy access to the files
bassaddict

Post by bassaddict »

Bkp wrote:I don't think it's because it's too weak, but because of the way consoles are made so you can't get easy access to the files
Of course they are too weak. Theck the specs on Wikipedia and compare them to current PC hardware and the minimum requirements for FS. Especially the RAM and VRAM are a very big problem. The PC version requires 1GB RAM and 256MB VRAM, which is a really low requirement. The consoles only have 512MB RAM + VRAM. So even far below the minimum requirements. Adding mod support would simply result in FS not being playable on the consoles due to constant crashing as a result of lack of memory.
Evil-Wizz

Post by Evil-Wizz »

bassaddict quick question on this as I know fs 2015 is out soon but as to the xbox/ps version would giant not be able to take some of the best pc mods that have little or no conflict and put them into special DLC's like the dlc's that all ready are available ?
bassaddict

Post by bassaddict »

Possible maybe, but the selection would be very small. And that would make Giants responsible for the mods and I highly doubt they would want that. Another reason I can think of not to do that: People would't get the mods they want, they become jealous and they start insulting Giants and the modders that created those mods.