Install forestry mod on Mac

Cecemel

Install forestry mod on Mac

Post by Cecemel »

Hi,
I'm trying to install the forestry mod on my Mac but I can't get it to work. I've tried everything (putting the zip file in the mods folder, putting the content of the zip file in the mods folder and putting the zip content inside a map inside the mods folder) but nothing works.
Any ideas?

Regards Cecemel
don_apple

Re: Install forestry mod on Mac

Post by don_apple »

Cecemel wrote:Hi,
I'm trying to install the forestry mod on my Mac but I can't get it to work. I've tried everything (putting the zip file in the mods folder, putting the content of the zip file in the mods folder and putting the zip content inside a map inside the mods folder) but nothing works.
Any ideas?

Regards Cecemel
To install the Forest Mod for FS13 all you should have to do is put the "aForestMod.zip" in your "mods" folder.

What exactly does not work when you do that? Do the vehicles not show up in the shop? Do you get an error in the log.txt? Does the game not work anymore?

You need to provide more information if you expect people to help you, simply saying something does not work will not get you very far. One good starting point is to post the log.txt from a game where you have tried to use the Forest Mod (see http://wiki.giants-software.com/index.p ... tig_posten for instructions on how to find the log.txt and post it correctly in this forum).

Regards,
don_apple
Cecemel

Post by Cecemel »

thanks for your reply,
in the log file it says: "Error: Unsupported mod description version in mod aForestMod"
log.txt
(2.46 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
(that other mod you see is one that i tried installing to see if that one works) Any ideas on what i can do to fix it?
Cecemel
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

The reason why you get this error is that the FS13 version you are running is far too old to be able to run the Forest Mod. According to the log.txt you are still running patch 1.3:

Code: Select all

Farming Simulator 2013 INT
  Version: 1.3.0.0 RC2
The last patch for FS13 was 2.1, so please update to this version and then the Forest Mod should work. Since it looks like you are running the DVD/Direct-Download version of FS13/Mac the game should normally have informed you that a new patch is available and given you the option to install it automatically. If this was the case and you decided to not install it at that time, please have a look at http://forum.giants-software.com/viewto ... 88#p516316 for a possible solution to fix that.
If you got FS13 via Steam then the Patch should be available via the Steam App.

Regards,
don_apple
Cecemel

Post by Cecemel »

Ok, I will upgrade it.
Thanks for your help!
Cecemel