mac computer

fermer-giles

mac computer

Post by fermer-giles »

Going to be building a new computer with a mac os. Looking for suggestion's on what would be the best component's to build it with in regards to mother board, processor etc etc

Only thing I know for sure it will have is a water cooled GTX Titan 6GB GPU

(Ps Want this computer to be way over what will be needed to run this game.)
don_apple

Re: mac computer

Post by don_apple »

Hi,
fermer-giles wrote:Going to be building a new computer with a mac os. Looking for suggestion's on what would be the best component's to build it with in regards to mother board, processor etc etc

Only thing I know for sure it will have is a water cooled GTX Titan 6GB GPU

(Ps Want this computer to be way over what will be needed to run this game.)
Even though it might be possible to run Mac OS X on a self-build computer with self-selected components I don't think you will be happy with it in the long run, especially for gaming, for the following reasons:

- MAC OS X only includes drivers for a limited range of hardware therefore there is no guarantee that all components you select will be properly supported by Mac OS X
- you will most likely not get the expected performance out of the system since the drivers in Mac OS X are not as optimised as the drivers that are available for Windows, especially for graphics hardware

So if you really want to stick with Mac OS X buying an iMac or the new Mac Pro is probably still the better option. For a self-built system using Windows will be safer. Otherwise you will most likely spend a lot of money for a system that looks quite powerful on paper but you will most likely end up not being able to run the game at all due to the reasons mentioned above.

Regards,
don_apple

P.S.: I'm running FS 13/Mac on a 2011 21" iMac (quad-core i5 2.5GHz, 4GB, AMD Radeon HD 6750M (512MB VRAM)) with Mac OS X 10.8 without any performance issues whatsoever
fermer-giles

Re: mac computer

Post by fermer-giles »

Thanks very much for your reply and for your help.

Guess I'm stuck with a windows based computer because I really like the idea of building a new computer with big spec component's. might try the Asus MAXIMUS VI EXTREME LGA 1150 motherboard.