System Requirements

FarmerSam

System Requirements

Post by FarmerSam »

I just downloaded FS13 for my son. I am not much of a gamer, and I realized after trying to install that I do not have a sufficient graphics card. My computer has a 2.8GHz Pentium D processor with 2GB RAM. If I get a graphics card, will my computer be able to run this program well? I have already paid for the game, I would rather not spend money on the card if it will not take care of my problem. Anyone have suggestions on what kind of card to get. I would rather not spend more than about $40 on the card.

Thanks
Farmer_Bob

Re: System Requirements

Post by Farmer_Bob »

Hi FarmerSam,

Now, I'm not an expert on system configuration but I'm fairly sure that it's not just the graphics card that is below minimum requirements for the game.
Here is the system requirements from the official site.
System Requirements Windows Version (*)

Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
2.0 GHz Intel or equivalent AMD processor
Nvidia Geforce 7600 Series, ATI Radeon X1600 graphics card or better (min 256 MB VRAM)
1 GB RAM
2 GB free hard drive space
Soundcard
DVD-ROM Drive
Computercrasher

Post by Computercrasher »

Hello FarmerSam

If you have a CPU with a LGA775 socket (wich I think after a search on Google) and your motherboard support a PCI-E socket for a graphic card there could be a possible chance. Though, if it's a brand computer like Dell or HP your powersupply could be the weakest link.
But if your PSU is 350W or above you can run a graphic card like AMD Radeon 5450. I am sure there are other low end cards that will run FS2013 as well but I have been running with a computer setup very simular to yours my self with that card and it worked fine with low settings and with not to many mods installed.
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

With that CPU, it's not really worth just buying a new GPU. It's just too old. With a new, decent GPU, you'll probably need a new PSU. And with a new PSU, maybe it doesn't have all the connections your hardware needs.
FarmerSam

Post by FarmerSam »

Thanks for the replies. I will check what kind of power supply I have and if it is 350W I may try a new GPU. I will reply when I have tried it and let everyone know.

Thanks
Computercrasher

Post by Computercrasher »

Before you start looking for a new GPU, just make sure your motherboard have a PCI-E slot. If your CPU is a older type with a 478 socket you probably have a AGP socket for the graphic card. If that's the case it will be hard to find a card that will run FS2013. So a good idea might be that you figure out your computers specifications before you do anything else.
Abatap

Post by Abatap »

I've ran the game on a computer with very similar specs. It's not going to look great because you'll have to run it on lowest settings possible and at relatively low resolutuion. Getting a modern graphics card may help a little in case if you have a pci-ex slot on your motherboard but upgrading this computer with gaming in mind is not worth it at all. You can build a new low-end computer that will run this game nicely for as little as 200 bucks these days.
FarmerSam

Post by FarmerSam »

I am looking at building a computer for this, I have the parts, but it seems like the new power supply is DOA. I will let everyone know how it works when I have it working.

Thanks