no text in game??? graphic card???

ljacobs2003

no text in game??? graphic card???

Post by ljacobs2003 »

hi i just bought and downloaded fs13. everything went fine as far as installation went. Now when i go to open the game up there is no text on any of the buttons. i managed to get into the intro of plowing. game works fine just no text in any of the boxes. graphics card maybe? its a radeon x600 256mb.

if anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Re: no text in game??? graphic card???

Post by bassaddict »

Yup, your GPU is the problem. Very old, very weak, no driver support anymore. I think I read somewhere about a 3rd party driver which fixes the problem, but I don't know where. IMHO with that old hardware (nearly 10 years old), it's time for a new computer anyway.
ljacobs2003

Post by ljacobs2003 »

forgive me cause i'm not the best with computers.

i was under the impression that the graphics card had to be 256 or better. which im at the minimum and figured i could just upgrade that. Didnt think i'd need a new computer.
bassaddict

Post by bassaddict »

The amount of VRAM is the least relevant for the performance of a GPU.
And that GPU is just like stone age old and very slow and far below the minimum requirements.
ljacobs2003

Post by ljacobs2003 »

thanks a bunch. could you show me a good website for buying a new tower? also if you wouldn't mind showing me the kind of tower i should get. this is about the only game i would play. other than that it would just use the internet and a little video editing.
bassaddict

Post by bassaddict »

There are lots of sites where you can buy computers. Also what's your budget?
ljacobs2003

Post by ljacobs2003 »

500ish
bassaddict

Post by bassaddict »

In that case your best option is a computer with an AMD A10 6800K APU. The integrated GPU is pretty strong, good enough to run FS on medium settings with a few decent mods. Also even strong enough to run most current games on low(est) settings at 1080p resolution.
You just have to make sure the RAM is running in dual channel mode at at least 1600MHz, better 1866MHz or higher. Very important, since the integrated GPU is using the RAM as video memory, hence it needs to be as fast as possible to get a good performance.

I don't really know sites to buy computers outside Germany, but you can always ask Google. And if you find something that you think would fit, you can post the link here so I (or someone else here) can tell you if it's good enough, or not.