Sudden fps drop in saved game - help

binks

Sudden fps drop in saved game - help

Post by binks »

I've been playing on Central kansas remake map for quite a long time now. Now I know that it's not official in game map, but I didn't had any problems with it ever. I've got over 120 hours invested in playing on this one and although my laptop is not the strongest one, I had on average about 20-30fps. Yesterday, I ended playing, saved the game and when I opened save today, I had from 2 to 6fps. That was very strange since I've not installed any new mods, so I quit the game and rune it again, hoping that it just was one time occurrence. But no. The 2, 3 and 4 time I did that, the outcome was exactly the same. I have 2 to 6fps only. Why is that? What's happened?
As I said, I didn't installed any new mods, have only those that was when game was running smoothly, so what's changed?
Since yesterday I've just installed IE11 and new Firefox, but it's got nothing to do with the game. Those are just browsers.
What's happened then? Why all of the sudden game has become unplayable?
Now I checked log file and I didn't saw nothing suspicious, just a bunch of warnings about missing buttons, but maybe I'm wrong, see for yourself

Code: Select all

attached file
I might be wrong, but I think that this section towards the end where it's written "sound system" and "render system" wasn't there when I was looking at the log few days ago.
Attachments
log.txt
(32.4 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
rollingfarm

Re: Sudden fps drop in saved game - help

Post by rollingfarm »

Do you have a lot of bales in one area or a lot of equiment in one area?/ as this can cause a drop in FPS
I have a disability called dyspraxia and minor dyslexia so if my spelling weird dont judge me. just ask nicely and i translate it
binks

Post by binks »

rollingfarm wrote:Do you have a lot of bales in one area or a lot of equiment in one area?/ as this can cause a drop in FPS
I do not have any bales and I do know that they can slow down my machine very much and this is one of the reasons why I don't have them. As for the equipment, yes I do have vehicles and trailers parked at the farm but it has never been a problem before. I did got frame rate hit from that but not like that. When I was going to the farm I had like 12-16FPS, but that's it. Now it's like 2-6fps just at the open field with one harvester in sight.
rollingfarm

Post by rollingfarm »

sorry for the endless question i am a bit slow in some area the only other thing i could think of is well two things one it could be something to do with the new beta patch or mod texture. i would properly guess it something to do with the patch. i am no expert
I have a disability called dyspraxia and minor dyslexia so if my spelling weird dont judge me. just ask nicely and i translate it
Farmer_Bob

Post by Farmer_Bob »

Something to consider is how soon after updating to the latest beta patch did you start getting these problems. I don't see anything that jumps out at me in you log except the warning about the xml file but I doubt that is causing this issue, I'm not 100% clear on how much the stereo sound files are effecting your game but how close are you to the pig pens when you get the fps hit?
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

Activate the development controls in the game.xml (if not already done) and check the RenderStats ingame ( with F8 ).
binks

Post by binks »

rollingfarm wrote:sorry for the endless question i am a bit slow in some area the only other thing i could think of is well two things one it could be something to do with the new beta patch or mod texture. i would properly guess it something to do with the patch. i am no expert
Something to consider is how soon after updating to the latest beta patch did you start getting these problems. I don't see anything that jumps out at me in you log except the warning about the xml file but I doubt that is causing this issue, I'm not 100% clear on how much the stereo sound files are effecting your game but how close are you to the pig pens when you get the fps hit?
Well, if it would occur just after installing this patch, I would know what to do and get rid of it immediately but it's been like 2 weeks after I've installed it and been saving game wit the patch running. There wasn't any problem like this before.
The stereo thing it's just a warning and didn't impacted game in any way before. It's just something that I was getting in the log file since I've started playing on this map.
Activate the development controls in the game.xml (if not already done) and check the RenderStats ingame ( with F8 )
How to do that and what should I look for when I'll be checking this RenderStat?
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

The game.xml is located in the same folder as your LOG file. Open it with a text editor and set the development controls to true.
Then check the values in the RenderStats (especially the amount of rendered objects and the rendered triangles) from a few spots where you get good fps with the spots where you get bad fps. Good way to do that is by taking a few screenshots, so you can check them afterwards and post the screenshots here, if you're not sure about the values.

If the values doesn't differ (much) from each other, it's most probably a script problem. If they do differ much, it's a model/texture problem (which can be solved by using more performant models or set the ClipDistances appropriately).
Zevman

Post by Zevman »

Binks i had a drop in fps also 30 to 4 fps the game would freeze for 3 to 4 seconds as i hit my w or s key, i found the cause to be my antivirus program. turn off the program to see if it help if so then exclude farm sim to read and write or access. I hope this helps?:)