servers to rent and use mods

banditbooker

servers to rent and use mods

Post by banditbooker »

Does anyone know of any place where I can rent a server that allows me access to the folders I need to install my own mods?
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Re: servers to rent and use mods

Post by bassaddict »

banditbooker

Post by banditbooker »

I don't think that's what I need is it? I would still have to have another pc to run it ( which I do) but I'd also be using my same internet. I'm looking for a 3rd party that can have a server on without having to sacrifice bandwidth. I found a couple sites out there that have dedicated servers for farming simulator 2013 but I'm not sure whether I will have access to the right folders to install mods. I've emailed a few and am waiting on replies. I actually have rented one already, but I only have access to the folder in the program files which doesn't help me. I'm still waiting on a reply from them to see if they will even give me access to the documents/my games/farming simulator 2013 folder.

I just figured surely someone was through this already, and that it is possible to have a 3rd party dedicated server that alllows you to install your own mods. I know theres ones that let you install mods like titanium, but I want to install user created mods.

thank you for the reply,
banditbooker
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

banditbooker wrote:I'm looking for a 3rd party that can have a server on without having to sacrifice bandwidth.
Check it more closely and you'll find 4 links to 3rd party hosters.
banditbooker

Post by banditbooker »

oh yeah, i missed them. they just looked like an advertisement that i'm used to just scanning past them. thank you. do you know if any of them allow you to add mods like im talking about? I'll look into it, but I just didn't know if you had any experience with any of them?
Farmer_Bob

Post by Farmer_Bob »

All of the third party hosts should allow you to add mods to the game but it is a case of each firm having different ways of achieving this. Some give you access to the mods folder while others may ask you to upload them and they will check them out (for possible nasties) and then install them on your behalf.