Straw glitch. Straw lines accross half the map.

curly57_

Straw glitch. Straw lines accross half the map.

Post by curly57_ »

My brother and I have been playing the westbridge hills map for a while, (approx. 110 hours), and after buying field 15, seeding and then harvesting barley, we signed off for the night. The next day, I logged in to clear the straw that was left over, and noticed that there is now a significant amount of straw running at a 90° angle to the field, all the way to the left hand side of the map. It's not limited to fields, it goes across the roads, through the trees, and through the buildings (up to the edge that you can see, then continues on the other side).

Don't get me wrong, it's made us a bit of extra money from clearing some of it, but the rest just looks messy, and though I've already spent hours clearing it, there's still a lot there. Is there any way I can reset the map, without losing our progress, or equipment? I have saves backed up, but it's been there for a while and it's starting to annoy me. If we restore the save back to before it happened, we'd lose quite a lot of gameplay.

Any help or thoughts would be great, but please don't say just collect it with the forager, that's what I have been doing and it's taking forever, and some bits I just can't get to.

Thanks in advance..
curly57_

Re: Straw glitch. Straw lines accross half the map.

Post by curly57_ »

here's a screen grab of the map, to give you an idea of what it's like. Bear in mind, I've already cleared a lot of it.

Don't ask me why the top field has barley and canola growing in it :confusednew:
Heizer
GIANTS Software | Gameplay Programmer

Post by Heizer »

All the fruits including the straw are saved in grle files, which are a kind of graphic. Looks like something went wrong with the file while saving or loading and therefore you have straw everywhere.
The game backs up the savegame everytime it saves, however after 10 backups it overwrites the old ones. Check the "savegameBackup" folder on the ftp of your server, maybe you are lucky and there's a backup with an intact grle file left.
Gruß Heizer
stutart

Post by stutart »

Pretty sure we've logged in more than 10 times since the glitch occurred. (I'm curly's bro)

We also get a problem with an 'invisible wall' in the middle of the yard, which I did wonder might have been connected to said glitch ?

We've put quite a lot of game time and dollars to get it to where it is, would be a shame if we have to restart !
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

1: harvest all your crops on your old map but don’t replant, then save and exit

2: start the same map again in a NEW save slot and save it once.

3: exit the game.

4: locate the save-game folders, then copy the “careerSavegame.xml”, “economy.xml” & “vehicles.xml” (the core of your gameplay so far) from the old map save folder to the newly created map save folder.

5: restart FS and load the new save game – it should then contain ALL your vehicles, crops in silo etc, money etc, and your owned fields, cows and so-on from your original with the basic “default” everything else of the freshly created save,

In essence it’s a 2min fix.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

Or if you don't want to lose the connected fields, you just have to copy the fruit_density.grle from the new savegame to the old one.
stutart

Post by stutart »

Thanks for the input, guys. We'll get those tried and see if it solves the issue.

Much appreciated ! *thumbsup*
curly57_

Post by curly57_ »

bassaddict wrote:Or if you don't want to lose the connected fields, you just have to copy the fruit_density.grle from the new savegame to the old one.

This worked perfectly, thanks for the help :D