new pc help

bigbear19801

new pc help

Post by bigbear19801 »

hey guys I was going to get another pc to run fs 2013 on now this is not a high power gaming system but I think it will do the job here are the specs AMD E1-2500 Accelerated Processor
• 4GB DDR3 memory
• 1TB hard drive
• AMD Radeon™ HD 8240 Graphics

what frame rate am I looking at if I run the game on medium just an educated guess will do I want to know if its worth getting right now I have a Lenovo c540 with the Intel integrated hd graphics and an Intel Pentium R G2030 at 3.00 GHz.

any help with this will be greatly appreciated.
Abatap

Re: new pc help

Post by Abatap »

Radeon HD 8240 is not really that much more powerful than the HD Graphics you have now, not to mention that the AMD E1-2500 APU is almost three times weaker than your current Pentium G2030 processor. In other words, buying it is totally not worth it.
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

I almost ran away crying out loud when I saw that you wanted to downgrade to an even weaker computer...

Just save twice the money and then start looking for a better computer.
bigbear19801

Post by bigbear19801 »

ok so I get a good game now on fs 2013 with my setup I mean its not a great pc but I get 40 to 50 fps on it the big question I have is im going to pre order fs 2015 and byy some of the videos I have seen well there is just a few of them the grapics look like next gen console or something they don't look anything like 2013 will I be able to play 2015 on this pc if so ill just hang on to it.

or are the videos I been seeing the ones where their mostly mudding in deepruts is that what our version is gonna look like here is an example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM2NAEcZQDE that's what makes me not preorder it yet I don't know if I can play it on what I have now and im on a real tight budget.
Farmer Carol

Post by Farmer Carol »

That video is of a game called Spin Tires and is nothing to do with FS15 at all. You can rest assured that FS15 will NOT be anything like that video. Giants have listed the upgraded minimum specs for the game but I can't find the info right now.

Carol. x
Married to "Farmer Bob" aka Ian
mother, wife, sister, daughter, bank manager, farm manager, cleaner, chef, Councillor, PC technician and all round dogs-body!
Abatap

Post by Abatap »

Well if you're on budget then it's better to sit tight and save up your money for some higher grade hardware. Don't get me wrong here, your current CPU is more than enough when it comes to running FS but it's currently bottlenecked by the absense of a good dedicated videocard in your all-in-one thingy and as far as I understand you can't install one because that is really all you currently need to max out FS13 and most likely the 15 version.

As for your video, I'm not sure if you meant to post this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-9UYGzzeYQ one instead because your current video shows a different game that has nothing to do with farming apart from people importing tractor models in it.
bigbear19801

Post by bigbear19801 »

well I feel like an ass lol if I had just read the post below that video I would have known but I found the min sys requirments for fs 15 im in all right shape thanks for the help yall.
Farmer Carol

Post by Farmer Carol »

Pleased we could help BigBear and don't worry, everyone on here has gotten a bit red faced once in a while (and between me and you, some of them still do! :lol: )

Carol. x
Married to "Farmer Bob" aka Ian
mother, wife, sister, daughter, bank manager, farm manager, cleaner, chef, Councillor, PC technician and all round dogs-body!