could not init 3d?????

salank

could not init 3d?????

Post by salank »

I purchased the game a few months ago and have not been able to play. I keep getting the following message: "could not init 3d system. Shader model 3.0 is required". I have updated my video card drivers. I am running directx 11, SM4.1. I have even updated the game with patch 2.1.

Here are my computer specs:

ASUS M5A99fx
AMD FX-8350
dual RAdeon HD 3780 video cards
Windows 8.1 pro

Any reason why the game refused to load? Any patches or fixes to play the game?
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Re: could not init 3d?????

Post by bassaddict »

That usually indicates that you are using the GPU driver from Windows Update, instead of the one directly from the manufacturers homepage.
But why are you using such an old, crappy GPU with such a good, new CPU anyway? That's bottleneck squared...
salank

Post by salank »

My previous motherboard died last week and I had to purchase a new one. I got a mobo/cpu combo for a good price and actually splurged a little, but dont have the budget to upgrade the gpu at this time. ARe there any other GPU's I could pick up at a bargain that would be better than what I have. Crossfire preferred where I could purchase one now and one in the near future.
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

Any gaming suitable GPU is much better than yours. Starting at prices a little over $100 ( Nvidia GTX 750, AMD R7 260X ).

SLI/CrossFire is in most cases a bad idea, unless you have an unlimited budget and you want to max out everything when playing at 4k resolution. Most games don't really benefit from more than one GPU. One single strong GPU is also better regarding noise, power consumption, heat generation and for the many games that don't really benefit from SLI/CrossFire also regarding price and performance.