22 minutes to start game / Can no longer save game.=

jpeek

22 minutes to start game / Can no longer save game.=

Post by jpeek »

I have two problems with my 2013 Farming Simulator (Steam Version) game.
1. 15 to 22 minutes to sync and get to the start menu every time I go in. My COD Ghost starts immediately and it is steam also.
2. I can no longer save games. I have two games and both state they are saving but in fact when I go back in; everything is back to what it was before I started playing. I hope you can come up with something other then "re-install it" !!

My PC is :

3.20 gigahertz Intel Core i5-3470
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
6144 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total)
Not hyper-threaded

With: 8140 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

O/S : Windows 7 Professional (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)

Board: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8Z77-V LX Rev X.0x
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 1701 02/01/2013

My connection is outstanding for I live three blocks away from Bright house server and I have "High Speed" connection.
Farmer Carol

Re: 22 minutes to start game / Can no longer save game.=

Post by Farmer Carol »

Very simple, you have a mod that is stopping the game from saving and is also causing the massive start lag. Post your log file (located in the same place as your mods folder) and we can try to figure out which mod is causing the problem.

Carol. x
Married to "Farmer Bob" aka Ian
mother, wife, sister, daughter, bank manager, farm manager, cleaner, chef, Councillor, PC technician and all round dogs-body!
Fragr92_

Post by Fragr92_ »

Like Carol said, it could be a mod.
However, i see that you're running the Steam version. I've had this issue when playing FS through Steam as well, although i've never been prevented from saving.
What i did to solve the problem was to disable "Steam Cloud Synchronization". If you don't know what that is, then here's a quick explanation as to what it is/does and a guide on how to disable it.

Steam will let some games use the "Steam Cloud" servers to store save files so that you can install the game on any computer and still play with the same saves you use at home. It accomplishes this by uploading your local save files to the "Steam Cloud" every time you close a game and then comparing your local save files to the ones stored on the "cloud" every time you try to start the game. If it detects any differences, it will overwrite your local files with the ones stored in the cloud. Normally this only takes a few seconds but there seems to be some kind of problem between Steam and FS that's causing it to take anything between 2 minutes and 30 minutes.

To turn this feature off you need to:
1. Find Farming Simulator 2013 in your Steam library.
2. Right click it and select "properties".
3. In the properties window, select the "Updates" tab.
4. In the "Updates" tab, find the section that says "Steam cloud" and make sure that the "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for Farming Simulator 2013" checkbox is unchecked.
5. Close the window and try running FS2013 again.

This will of course mean that you can't use the "Steam Cloud" function but that shouldn't be much of a problem unless you regularly play the game on different computers.

As for your being unable to save, my theory is that Steam is failing to upload your new save files to the cloud and thus it simply restores your old saves every time you start the game.

Hope this helps :)
Don't put up that which you can put down today.
Farmer Carol

Post by Farmer Carol »

You do know this thread died about 3 months ago right?
Married to "Farmer Bob" aka Ian
mother, wife, sister, daughter, bank manager, farm manager, cleaner, chef, Councillor, PC technician and all round dogs-body!
Fragr92_

Post by Fragr92_ »

Yup.
My answer isn't just for the author of the thread, but for anybody else who comes to the forum with this problem. Believe it or not, people actually sift through old threads when they are looking to solve technical problems for their games.
Don't put up that which you can put down today.