Bug with remnants of crops not being reset properly.

BrickVoid

Bug with remnants of crops not being reset properly.

Post by BrickVoid »

I have a savegame of Farming Simulator with the Westbridge Hills expansion map and on the default field I start with, there are brown streaks of remnants of crop that are not being reset when the field is plowed or cultivated either manually or with a hired worker.

I would say that these are either fertilized remnants of fields that did not get planted or crops that were not harvested before the field got plowed or cultivated for the next field. Either way, the bug is that the hired worker in the tractor with a cultivator or plow attachment will not reset these remnants of fields.

I purchased a product key for FS2015, when this update comes out, does it fix this problem or not? Because if it does not, I require that it be fixed as otherwise Farming Simulator is worthless to me because these remnants of crops are totally random in nature and they reduce the overall yield of a crop. They are also annoying to have to look at! Why did I hire a worker who doesn't remove these for me? I should sack him and not pay him if he did this to me on a real farm!

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Re: Bug with remnants of crops not being reset properly.

Post by bassaddict »

Maybe you should start with posting a screenshot of the problem and posting your LOG file.
BrickVoid

Post by BrickVoid »

bassaddict wrote:Maybe you should start with posting a screenshot of the problem and posting your LOG file.
I could do better than that: if I knew where to put it I could send you the actual savegame files themselves! I can try to archive it up and put it on dropbox or some similar file hosting service, but since that will take time for me to figure out properly I'll do that on Friday, because I'm out of town tomorrow.

Edit: I don't know exactly where Farming Simulator puts it's savegame files, but I do not see any .LOG files to post for your perusal because there certainly aren't any in the folders I can find so far in folders where Farming Simulator shows up in searches. Looks like I'll have to try and identify those as well on Friday and post them along with the file and screenshots you requested.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Heizer
GIANTS Software | Gameplay Programmer

Post by Heizer »

All the settings, savegames and screenshots are saved here
XP: My Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2013\
Vista/Win7: Username\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2013\
MAC: /Users/<your username>/Library/Application Support/FarmingSimmulator2013
Gruß Heizer
BrickVoid

Post by BrickVoid »

Heizer wrote:All the settings, savegames and screenshots are saved here
XP: My Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2013\
Vista/Win7: Username\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2013\
MAC: /Users/<your username>/Library/Application Support/FarmingSimmulator2013
Please note that there was some problems finding sites to put these items up I hope it works if it doesn't let me know I'll try alternates.

Savegame upload:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 6916127029

Screenshot:

Log file:

Code: Select all

GIANTS Engine Runtime 5.0.1 (build date: Mar 28 2014)
Copyright (c) 2008-2012, GIANTS Software GmbH (www.giants-software.com), All Rights Reserved.
Copyright (c) 2003-2012, Christian Ammann and Stefan Geiger, All Rights Reserved.
Application: FarmingSimulator2013
Main System
  Cpu Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz
  Cpu Core(s): 4 @ 3.4 GHZ
Physics System
  Driver: NVIDIA PhysX Runtime
  Version: 2.8.4
  Thread(s): 2
Input System
  Keyboard enabled
  Mouse enabled
  Gamepad/Joystick disabled
  Force Feedback disabled
Sound System
  Driver: OpenAL
  Version: 1.1
  Device:  Generic Software
  Max. sources: 256
Render System
  Driver: OpenGL
  Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
  Renderer: GeForce GT 640/PCIe/SSE2
  Version: 4.4.0
    max_texture_layers: 8
  OpenGL initialization successful
Hardware Profile
  Level: High (auto)
  View Distance Coeff: 1.100000
  Shadow Quality: 1.000000
  Skip Mipmaps: 0
  LOD Distance Coeff: 1.100000
  Terrain LOD Distance Coeff: 1.500000
  Foliage View Distance Coeff: 1.400000
Farming Simulator 2013
  Version: 2.1.0.2 RC3
  Available Languages: en fr es it
  Language: en
Game vehicle types loaded
Mod directory: C:/Users/Hyde/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2013/mods
Load dlc: pdlc_titaniumAddon
Load dlc: pdlc_ursusAddon
Load mod: atv
Load mod: FarmingSimulator2013ClassicsPack
Load mod: kramerKL600Red
Load mod: lamborghiniR6_125
Load mod: lamborghiniR7_220
  Register vehicle type: pdlc_titaniumAddon.tractor_wheelExtension
  Register vehicle type: pdlc_titaniumAddon.truck
  Register vehicle type: pdlc_titaniumAddon.tractor_visualWheels
  Register vehicle type: pdlc_titaniumAddon.augerWagon
  Register vehicle type: pdlc_titaniumAddon.combine_extended_crawler
  Register vehicle type: pdlc_titaniumAddon.combine_extended
  Register vehicle type: pdlc_titaniumAddon.kroneEasyFlow
  Register vehicle type: pdlc_titaniumAddon.cutter_mouseControlled
  Register vehicle type: pdlc_titaniumAddon.cutter_builtInCutterTrailer
  Register vehicle type: pdlc_titaniumAddon.swadro2000
  Register vehicle type: pdlc_titaniumAddon.kotteSlurryTank
  Register vehicle type: pdlc_titaniumAddon.sowingMachine_foldableRidgeMarker
  Register vehicle type: pdlc_ursusAddon.oldtimer
  Register vehicle type: pdlc_ursusAddon.baleWrapper
  Register vehicle type: pdlc_ursusAddon.baleGrab
  Register vehicle type: pdlc_ursusAddon.dlcBaleLoader
  Register vehicle type: FarmingSimulator2013ClassicsPack.DLCBaleloader
  Register vehicle type: FarmingSimulator2013ClassicsPack.FahrAPNBaler
  Register vehicle type: FarmingSimulator2013ClassicsPack.tractor_cylindered
  Register vehicle type: FarmingSimulator2013ClassicsPack.frontloader_cylindered
  Register vehicle type: FarmingSimulator2013ClassicsPack.selfPropelledForageWagon
Loading shader WAD 'C:/Users/Hyde/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2013/shader_cache/shader_3_1_1024_512_OGL_NV_8.wad' ... 835 hashes, 1423 shaders, 1847083 bytes compressed
C:/Users/Hyde/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2013/pdlc/titaniumAddon/map/sky/sky_day_night.i3d (0.00mb in 458.17 ms)
data/sky/rain.i3d (0.00mb in 39.32 ms)
data/sky/hail.i3d (0.00mb in 9.48 ms)
C:/Users/Hyde/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2013/pdlc/titaniumAddon/map/americanMap.i3d (2.75mb in 7669.18 ms)
dataS2/character/pedestrians/casual03.i3d (0.33mb in 33.98 ms)
dataS2/character/pedestrians/casual02.i3d (0.31mb in 33.97 ms)
dataS2/character/pedestrians/casual08.i3d (0.53mb in 85.22 ms)
dataS2/character/pedestrians/casual07.i3d (0.32mb in 52.44 ms)
dataS2/character/pedestrians/casual15.i3d (0.40mb in 79.11 ms)
dataS2/character/pedestrians/executive03.i3d (0.27mb in 170.72 ms)
data/vehicles/tools/amazone/amazoneD9-3000Super.i3d (1.87mb in 257.99 ms)
data/vehicles/trailers/cutterTrailer.i3d (0.38mb in 104.50 ms)
data/vehicles/tools/poettinger/poettingerServo35.i3d (0.00mb in 81.11 ms)
data/vehicles/balers/kroneBigPack1290.i3d (0.01mb in 186.87 ms)
data/maps/models/objects/strawbale/haybaleBaler.i3d (0.05mb in 35.30 ms)
C:/Users/Hyde/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2013/mods/FarmingSimulator2013ClassicsPack/fahr/fahrKH4S.i3d (0.90mb in 56.52 ms)
data/vehicles/trailers/kroeger/MUK402.i3d (2.36mb in 514.40 ms)
data/vehicles/tools/extraWeight01.i3d (0.07mb in 20.99 ms)
C:/Users/Hyde/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2013/pdlc/titaniumAddon/caseIH/caseIH7130.i3d (0.04mb in 789.20 ms)
C:/Users/Hyde/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2013/pdlc/titaniumAddon/shared/powerTakeoffBlack.i3d (0.00mb in 3.91 ms)
C:/Users/Hyde/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2013/pdlc/titaniumAddon/caseIH/caseIH3020Cutter.i3d (0.01mb in 117.91 ms)
data/vehicles/tools/kuhn/kuhnPZ960.i3d (0.01mb in 216.10 ms)
data/vehicles/tools/kuhn/kuhnPZ280F.i3d (0.00mb in 13.83 ms)
data/vehicles/trailers/arcusin/arcusinAutostackFS63-72.i3d (4.93mb in 682.38 ms)
data/vehicles/steerable/lizard/wheelLoader.i3d (0.02mb in 286.07 ms)
data/vehicles/tools/poettinger/poettingerTop1252.i3d (0.08mb in 148.90 ms)
data/vehicles/tools/barrelWeight.i3d (0.05mb in 71.51 ms)
data/vehicles/trailers/krone/kroneZX550GD.i3d (1.84mb in 321.30 ms)
C:/Users/Hyde/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2013/mods/FarmingSimulator2013ClassicsPack/schlueter/schlueter1500TVL.i3d (2.17mb in 270.90 ms)
data/vehicles/steerable/powerTakeoff.i3d (0.00mb in 58.92 ms)
data/vehicles/steerable/upperLinkMedium.i3d (0.04mb in 70.59 ms)
data/vehicles/steerable/upperLinkSmall.i3d (0.04mb in 13.37 ms)
data/vehicles/tools/horsch/joker6CT.i3d (0.01mb in 113.03 ms)
data/vehicles/tools/extraWeight02.i3d (0.04mb in 16.18 ms)
data/vehicles/tools/grimme/grimmeRootster604.i3d (0.02mb in 251.49 ms)
data/vehicles/tools/amazone/amazoneEDX6000.i3d (0.02mb in 168.57 ms)
data/vehicles/tools/grimme/grimmeBM300.i3d (0.01mb in 209.54 ms)
data/vehicles/trailers/amazone/amazoneZGB8200.i3d (1.68mb in 156.30 ms)
data/character/farmer/farmer_player.i3d (1.75mb in 85.41 ms)
data/vehicles/trucks/milktruck.i3d (1.19mb in 255.56 ms)
data/vehicles/cars/car6.i3d (0.38mb in 83.23 ms)
data/vehicles/cars/car4.i3d (0.33mb in 37.26 ms)
data/vehicles/cars/car7.i3d (0.47mb in 42.53 ms)
data/vehicles/cars/car5.i3d (0.37mb in 54.85 ms)
data/vehicles/cars/car1.i3d (0.43mb in 86.53 ms)
data/vehicles/cars/car2.i3d (0.42mb in 57.03 ms)
data/vehicles/cars/car3.i3d (0.39mb in 47.71 ms)
Saving screenshot: C:/Users/Hyde/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2013/screenshots/fsScreen_2014_08_29_08_58_26.png
Cheers ...

BrickVoid
tater salad

Post by tater salad »

Those dark spots are just areas where there was no crop foliage to harvest. It is NOT a bug. Just ignore it and carry on. The next time you harvest, they will be gone.

Such a trivial matter makes the game worthless? A little over the top, don't you think?
BrickVoid

Post by BrickVoid »

tater salad wrote:Those dark spots are just areas where there was no crop foliage to harvest. It is NOT a bug. Just ignore it and carry on. The next time you harvest, they will be gone.

Such a trivial matter makes the game worthless? A little over the top, don't you think?
Those crop remnants are there from 2-3 crops ago. If these remnants were either removable manually or would actually disappear like you claim they would, then I wouldn't have a problem with them. But since they persist over multiple crop cycles and can't be gotten rid of automatically, then yes, it is a very game-breaking problem for me.

When I have a definitive answer from Giants Support Staff who can point out how I can remove these remnants myself through normal gameplay I'll stop posting about them. Otherwise, i remain hopeful that they can put a bugfix for this particular bug into a future game update.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Heizer
GIANTS Software | Gameplay Programmer

Post by Heizer »

Visual model of the plants is spaced out differently than the actual planted area which is saved in the savegame. The dark spot is just fertilized ground which only is removed if a crop is harvested on it. When driving very close to border of the plants while harvesting it's possible that the plants disappear but a small stripe (the dark area) remains due to the random spacing of the visual plants. Cultivating the field removes the invisible crop remnant but not the fertilization. When harvesting the field make sure you have a little overlap to the already harvested area with your cutter.
btw.:
According to the tone of the grass/ground it seems like you have an older version of the titanium addon. The up-to-date version is 1.0.5: http://landwirtschafts-simulator.de/updates.php?lang=en
Gruß Heizer
BrickVoid

Post by BrickVoid »

Heizer wrote:Visual model of the plants is spaced out differently than the actual planted area which is saved in the savegame. The dark spot is just fertilized ground which only is removed if a crop is harvested on it. When driving very close to border of the plants while harvesting it's possible that the plants disappear but a small stripe (the dark area) remains due to the random spacing of the visual plants. Cultivating the field removes the invisible crop remnant but not the fertilization. When harvesting the field make sure you have a little overlap to the already harvested area with your cutter.
btw.:
According to the tone of the grass/ground it seems like you have an older version of the titanium addon. The up-to-date version is 1.0.5: http://landwirtschafts-simulator.de/updates.php?lang=en
The other problem is that when harvesting sugar beets or potatoes, in particular, there really isn't a good way to tell where unharvested crops are. Mainly because of the way they blend so well into the field of greenery. I always thought it strange that a single row harvester would dig something up and leave almost identical fresh greens all over the topsoil. Particularly since I've been on potato fields before, and it's pretty obvious where you've been harvesting, if you're using a single-row potato harvester.

I like realism in a game a lot but some things are just too believable. Plant leaves will quickly change and gradually lose color once ripped up and separated from their product, also, the undersides of stems start to become highly visible. This is getting off the bug report subject but there should be a distinct change on a field if a harvester has gone over the top of it and removed the crop. Maybe they could implement a simple bitmask effect where unharvested crops get highlighted on a field and you simply run over them with the correct implement to finish the job of harvesting them. I don't expect everyone has an eagle eye for harvesting crops anyway.

I also wish Farming Simulator had an automatic updater that simply updates whatever official expansions and addons that are installed on your game and doesn't automatically update third party addons.

Edit: This problem was fixed by planting some crop over the fertilized remnants and then harvesting them. I really need a WAILA (What Am I Looking At) tool in this game, it would come in handy for identifying fertilized remnants like this.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid