missing L10n how can I fix this?

j_maybury

missing L10n how can I fix this?

Post by j_maybury »

In my file log there are three or four mods that have this missing, It just says that "l10n is missing" it does not say if this is a file or not, just that l10n is missing! so I have no clue as to what this may be .
Can anyone help please, and is it fixable? :confusednew:
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Re: missing L10n how can I fix this?

Post by bassaddict »

If you open the modDesc of a mod, you'll find in some mods a section called "l10n". l10n is short for localization. Means that the language translations are in that section.

Every entry from the "input" section in the modDesc must have an entry in the l10n section with exact the same name. If that's missing, you get that entry about the missing l10n in your LOG file.
You can use whatever text you want, for these entries, but it's highly recommended use an obvious text, because that's the text you see in the button assignment menu.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Thank you bassaddict (all though it's bad for your ears) for your kind reply, I see I have much to learn about FS2013 yet, I keep coming across badly made mod files that stop me in my tracks, they are a bit of a nuisance, but it's all worth it in the end. I do wish mod writers would leave read me notes in the downloads like they used to do, like in the old days, if there was any tinkering to do to get them to work then all I had to do was read the read me file.
CornetPlayer

Post by CornetPlayer »

For folks with this problem (and we expect many with FS2015/LS2015 on the horizon), here is a very detailed explanantion on how to fix this:
http://fs-uk.com/forum/index.php?topic=116543.0