Combine won't fully unload with hired worker.

duffstone

Combine won't fully unload with hired worker.

Post by duffstone »

Issue:
When Hiring a worker to cut my crops, the modded combine works fine until it's time to unload. It will unload for about 10 seconds then fold the unloading pipe and continue on. if I set the unloading rate high enough I can get it emptied in the allotted time, but this isn't how it's supposed to work. Also the combine won't unload using courseplay. when the tipper drives under the unloading pipe, it starts to unload then folds and just sits there... is there some sort of timer / unloading trigger that's missing from the id3 file?

The Project:
I'm trying to convert the FS2011 Gleaner S77 combine to FS2013. Process so far:
Open id3 file from 2011 mod, then export all (with files) to a clean folder.
open the new id3 file and edited the model making sure not to remove any triggers. (adding details, removing other items, cleaning it up).
started with fresh (blank) xml files and built them from scratch. They're lean and clean.
I'm using ZERO LUA code.
I haven't yet converted all the png files but I"m working on it. slowly...

Conclusion:
Again, I'm not sure why this happens. I've searched the web and everyone says there's something wrong in the code but I'm not using any LUA code and the xml files appear to have everything they need (I'm not finding any missing tags having searched MANY other mods and looked at all the scripting guides). The combine doesn't stop unloading after a fixed percent, it's a time thing. I can adjust the tank and unloading capacities however I wish but I still only get about 10 seconds before the combine stops unloading while hired. And of course... Course Play just won't work with it at all... I feel like I'm missing a trigger or bitmask in the id3 file but everything checks out. Or rather, I have all the same triggers as other mods that do work properly (spelled correctly too...).

Any Idea's? Anyone else have this issue?

-Duff
duffstone

Re: Combine won't fully unload with hired worker.

Post by duffstone »

found the solution. #1 I converted the <Pipe> tags to the new nodal version:
<pipe numStates="2" unloadingStates="2" raycastNodeIndex="11|0|1" raycastDistance="6" foldMinLimit="0" foldMaxLimit="100">
<node index="11|0" rotationSpeeds="5 25 0">
<state1 rotation="0 0 0"/>
<state2 rotation="5 -90 0"/>
</node>
</pipe>

Then I had to change the old AI trigger to:
<!-- <aiTrailerTrigger index="20"/> -->
<combineTrailerTriggers>
<combineTrailerTrigger index="20" />
</combineTrailerTriggers>

Posted for Google and whoeverelse has experienced this issue.

-Duff