Save Game

Cummins527

Save Game

Post by Cummins527 »

I just bought a new computer and installed my fs13 onto to it but I play with a gamepad, so I tried to add the gamepad controls the right way and save it and it says profile path is new than program path, every time I go to load game if I click yes it doesn't save it if I click no it saves it but when I start a career and I get going save it and then logged back on a few mins later I still have the same cash but I have no vehicles and what I harvested before is gone. Any ideas what may cause this? Also I've reinstalled the game 3 times now. It never did this on my old computer.
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Re: Save Game

Post by bassaddict »

You kept the "FarmingSimulator2013" folder with the savegames and mods, right? If yes, go to that folder and delete the inputBinding.xml. Then you should be able to edit the controls again.
Cummins527

Post by Cummins527 »

When i uninstalled to reinstall I didn't keep the saved games and mods I didn't have any saved games and I put what little mods I had in a different folder where its a new computer I didn't have anything. Should i still delete that xml?
Cummins527

Post by Cummins527 »

I should say this, when it asked me at the uninstall about the saved games I clicked yes to delete all. But I didn't actually go into my documents and delete the folder. Hope that makes more sense. I'm still not the best with the whole pc thing. I'm a former console guy, pc has a lot more to offer. Thanks for your help.
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

Yup, still try deleting that file. It will create a new one when starting the game. And since you can't start the game before installing, the one in your profile directory will definitely be newer than the one in the installation directory and the message should be gone.