FS13 Randomly Drops to Desktop

jturie

FS13 Randomly Drops to Desktop

Post by jturie »

Need some help from the experts here.

Every once in a while FS13 will drop to my desktop. The game is still working, it doesn't crash, and it doesn't pause (which can really cause some spectacular vehicle crashes!). It's as if I hit ALT-TAB. I can click on the FS13 instance that is running and get right back into the game. Not a deal-breaker, but annoying. I thought maybe the problem was my random mashing of controller buttons was accidentally generating an ALT_TAB, but sometimes the game just drops when I'm not touching the gamepad. It might do it 2 or 3 times an hour; it might not do it for 5 hours straight. Seems to be totally random.

I think this may have started after I started adding mods, but not sure. Rather than drop all my mods and then go thru the hassle of adding one back in at a time, I thought I'd ask here first. My graphics drivers were out of date, but after updating (using NVIDIA GT640 card), the problem still happens.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Re: FS13 Randomly Drops to Desktop

Post by bassaddict »

Usually that behaviour is caused by background applications. Means you have to check what background apps are running and terminate every one that you don't need.