MAC OSX YOSEMITE problems

live4emt

MAC OSX YOSEMITE problems

Post by live4emt »

I've updated to OSX Yosemite and now none of my saved games show up, and I can't get a new game to load... I've tried removing and reinstalling with no luck...
don_apple

Re: MAC OSX YOSEMITE problems

Post by don_apple »

live4emt wrote:I've updated to OSX Yosemite and now none of my saved games show up, and I can't get a new game to load... I've tried removing and reinstalling with no luck...
I've upgraded to Yosemite on the weekend and so far I didn't experience any of the issues you describe with FS13/Mac.

Any errors in the log.txt?

Regards,
don_apple
live4emt

Post by live4emt »

No there are absolutely no new errors, the only errors in my entire file is 2 missing 110n lines from the updated forest mod. I've added the missing lines and the errors still appear so not sure what that's all about but those 2 lines aren't a huge issue. I managed to get it working though, lots of trial and error and in the end after a few fresh instals and removal of a bunch of mods it is back. However I have a half dozen mods that used to work but now when they're in my folder I go back to not being able to see saved games or load a new game. 2015 is a week away so I'm not gonna stress about it.
Pizzicato65

Post by Pizzicato65 »

live4emt wrote:No there are absolutely no new errors, the only errors in my entire file is 2 missing 110n lines from the updated forest mod. I've added the missing lines and the errors still appear so not sure what that's all about but those 2 lines aren't a huge issue. I managed to get it working though, lots of trial and error and in the end after a few fresh instals and removal of a bunch of mods it is back. However I have a half dozen mods that used to work but now when they're in my folder I go back to not being able to see saved games or load a new game. 2015 is a week away so I'm not gonna stress about it.

Hello, I'm having the same issue that you described. Everything was running fine on OS X Mavericks, but after upgrading to Yosemite yesterday the game will not launch. It bounces in the dock for upwards of 3 minutes and then seemingly launches (appears launched in the dock, as in it does not disappear) but nothing ever happens. The computer "thinks" the program is running, as I can open the Force Quit window and the game appears, with no messages saying the program is unresponsive.

So in order to get the game to launch you had to delete your mods? I am going to try removing the few that I have from Documents>My Game>Farming Simulation 2013, if not the entire folder itself to see if this helps. If you can point me in the right direction (assuming this doesn't work) I'd greatly appreciate it.

Edit: After finally finding the data folder (in the hidden "Library" section, not "Documents"... Was thinking of a different game) and deleting all of my mods, I was able to play the game once more. Should have tried the info I found here before dragging up an old thread, but regardless, thanks for the inadvertent help! lol