UVs out of range erros

stro1rob

UVs out of range erros

Post by stro1rob »

What are the UVs and why all of a sudden do I have bunch out of range errors in my log file. I have been running the same mods for some time now and all of a sudden I started getting these errors. the only thing that might have affected this is I installed the latest version for driver for my Nivdia GeForce 640 graphic card. Do I need to change some settings on the graphics card? Help
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Re: UVs out of range erros

Post by bassaddict »

UVs are the coordinates from the 2D texture on the 3D model.
Due to changes regarding performance improvements, Giants set the maximum allowed range for FS13 to -8,8. Means a texture may repeat max 16 times horizontally and vertically. If the texture is repeated more times, you get that error. Usually happens when converting poor quality mods from FS11 to FS13.

Fixing these errors requires editing the model. But in the many cases, it's about as fast to create a new, better model in the same time as you would need to fix an existing model (provided you know what you're doing).
Undernoob

Post by Undernoob »

What he means is, you have to create a new texture with correct uv's, not a new model.
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

No, new model, since the model contains the mapping of the vertices and texture coordinates (UVs). You can use the existing texture.
stro1rob

Post by stro1rob »

I just got rid of the mod that was causing the problem but thanks for the information. It will come in handy in the future.