Harvest

Akepouchen

Harvest

Post by Akepouchen »

I wonder if there are several that have a strange plant processes? while waiting to harvest his field so it grows so different, for example where one sowed first may become clear last, and so on.
rollingfarm

Re: Harvest

Post by rollingfarm »

i not quite sure on your question? farming sim has a weird habit for plant growth as one field can take longer than other. In real life a farmer has the ability to use a vary of different cultivar and varieties to extend the season for early crops and later crops however this is not an option in farm sim (far too complex to write into a computer programme). Also the farmer can manplited crops like tomatoes to ripe grow or flower using a range of hormones and chemicals to do so.
I have a disability called dyspraxia and minor dyslexia so if my spelling weird dont judge me. just ask nicely and i translate it
Ford 7000

Post by Ford 7000 »

Hello Akepouchen,

The following may help you when you are growing your crops.

Firstly when you sow them switch the time to "Real Time" this will help your crops grow more evenly.

You can fertilize them either before you sow them or straight after you have sown them.You don't need to wait untill they are growing.

When you have finished all your sowing you can then speed up the time again if you want to whilst you wait for the crops to grow and ripen.

You will also notice if you turn to the map of the farm that fields at the top of the map ripen quicker than those at the bottom.So depending where your fields are on the map will influence when they grow and ripen for harvest.

I hope this is some help to you in growing your crops.

Happy farming.

Ford 7000.
Akepouchen

Post by Akepouchen »

Now I have tried to sow in real time so far, I see if it looks better when it starts to germinate. Thanks for the reply
Bootdancer47

Post by Bootdancer47 »

Akepouchen wrote:Now I have tried to sow in real time so far, I see if it looks better when it starts to germinate. Thanks for the reply
Also be aware the growth stages change at specific times. If you begin to sow at the very end of a stage in progress and do not finish before it changes, part of your field will have a different growth stage as well. The best time to sow is to be aware of the growth stage changes and begin just after a growth rate changes-that way you will not have that problem as well. I am not sure of the amount of time for each stage- I know it is at least 6 hr., but is probably a lot more than that. Farmer Bob probably knows the answer to that. As many hours as I have played the game I should know, but I really haven't paid that much attention to that detail. Happy farming!!!!!
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

Bootdancer47 wrote:I am not sure of the amount of time for each stage-
Very easy to calculate. The base time can be found in the i3d, each fruit has its own growth time. For the default fruits its 2.4e7ms = 6:40h, for grass its 3.6e7ms = 10:00h. Then just multiply that with the growth speed factor (0.8 for fast, 1 for normal, 2 for slow) and you get the actual time per growth state.
Well, actually not the real time due to a bug somewhere in the engine. There's a little time drift: shorter time for less than about 5:30-6h, longer for above that threshold. The further you're away from that threshold, the bigger the difference.
And sadly no reasonable way to get the remaining time for the current growth state ingame. The only way is by checking the growthState XML files in your savegame.