Time Sync?

Sarge

Time Sync?

Post by Sarge »

Is it possible to sync up the system clock with the game clock? Initially at least? Seems like I always end up having to harvest in the dark...but that's when I have time to be on the game. If I could predict when dark would be I could experiment with planting at such a time as to be ripe during light hours. Or is that all dreamer stuff?
Al Nixon
When God calls the only correct answer is "Yes Lord"!

Platform PC, Hardware-Dell XPS desktop
tater salad

Re: Time Sync?

Post by tater salad »

You could try the night growth mod by Upsidedown. It limits all growth stage changes to the hours between midnight and 0400. This gives you all the daylight hours to harvest without fear of crops withering.

The elapsed time between planting and harvest remains basically the same. The script just greatly extends growth cycle time between 0400 and 0000 hours. From 0000 to 0400 hours, the growth cycle time is very compressed.

I don't have a link for just the night growth mod, but it is part of a mod package available with this map.
http://www.modhoster.de/mods/mig-map-ma ... gion-celle
Just unzip the package and put the ZZZ_nightGrowth.zip in your mod folder. I use this with every map i play and it has caused no conflicts thus far.
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

Thanks for the reply. It seems a little rare here. Anyway I will try that eventually. Today I just need to get a few things done and won't have time for fiddling with my program. For instance I don't seem to have a MOD folder or don't know where to look. Thanks for the the help. I'll learn how to use it some time.
Al Nixon

tater salad

Post by tater salad »

It should be located at: Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2013/mods

There are actually a good number of helpful folks about, they just don't monitor the forums 24/7. Many of my questions when starting out were answered by reading through the forums.

Another good source of info are the forums at http://fs-uk.com/
while that site is geared more towards mods, there is good info applicable to the base un-modded game.
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

Thanks again I found it and put some stuff in there that had no worked I'm heading over to try it now.
Al Nixon

bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

If you haven't modified the default growth time in any way, it's impossible to always have to harvest in the dark. Simply because the default growth times are designed to harvest equally at night and day.
If you re-plant your fields directly after harvesting, you can harvest every 21:20h (on fast growth), 26:40h (normal growth) or 53.20h (slow growth).