Mods on the Mac

rundeks

Mods on the Mac

Post by rundeks »

Has anyone gotten Mods to work in multiplayer on the mac?

I downloaded the ATV mod and it will show up in a single player game and in the mods menu, but when I start a multiplayer game and go to mods none are listed.

-rundeks
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Re: Mods on the Mac

Post by Stegei »

I assume you mean the list of mods in the shop, is that right?
When you start the game for multiplayer, you need to select the Mods that are loaded. This is where you enter the name of the game, the number of players etc.
FFMatt

Post by FFMatt »

did you put the ATV folder in the mods folder or did you put the .zip folder in the mods folder. When you download the ATV mod the folder shows up in the downloads folder and the .zip file shows up in the trash. All you have to do is put the .zip folder in the mods folder instead of the regular ATV Folder.
Hope That Helped!

- Matt
rundeks

Post by rundeks »

Thats the problem! I go to the mod list in the Multiple Player setup and I see no mods listed, but I do see the mod listed when I go to mods from the main screen. So the game knows I have the mode. Also in case it matters I am trying this with the Lizard ATV mod that I downloaded from the Official Farming Simulator site.

I have tried putting in the mod in the mods folder as:
  • atv.zip -This fails to show up in both mod lists
    atv (as a folder) - This shows up in the main mods list, but not in the multiplayer mods list.
    atv.zip and atv (as a folder) - This shows up in the main mods list, but not in the multiplayer mods list.
FFMatt

Post by FFMatt »

When you download the mod the folder shows up in the downloads folder. Then go to your trash and find the ATV.zip then open finder and press "SHIFT COMMAND G". Once you've down that copy and paste this on it. (Without Quotes) "/Users/•your username•/Library/Application Support/FarmingSimulator2013" and then drag the atv.zip file from the trash to the mods folder.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Hello,

if you are using Safari to download the mods, please uncheck the "Open "safe" files after downloading" option in the Safari Preferences on the "General" tab to avoid that the downloaded mods are automatically expanded to a folder. This way you will get the original ZIP file after downloading, which you can simply move to the FS13 "mods" folder.

If the mod has already been expanded to a folder, you can re-zip it like this:
1. open the folder of the expanded mod
2. select all files and folders inside the folder
3. open the context menu (right-click) and select "Compress <number of selected files/folders> files" (where <number of selected files/folders> should be identical to the number of files and folders in the folder of the expanded mod)
4. a file named "Archive.zip" will be created in the same folder containing the compressed versions of the files and folders you selected
5. move the Archive.zip file to your mods folder and rename it to the name of the folder of the expanded mod. E. g. if the folder was named "ATV", the Archive.zip of the compressed contents should be renamed to ATV.zip

Regards,
don_apple