GIANTS Engine has stopped working

pmc0903

GIANTS Engine has stopped working

Post by pmc0903 »

Just bought this game off Steam
Every time I try to start it, I get the 'GIANTS Engine has stopped working'

System tab: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506), processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2640M CPU @ 2.80GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz, 8192MB RAM
Display tab: NVIDIA NVS 4200M, 6/1/2012 04:18:00
Audio tab: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC, 1/25/2011 17:57:18
Dragun

Re: GIANTS Engine has stopped working

Post by Dragun »

have you tried to reinstall the game. there is probably a corrupt file somewhere.

Greetz Dragun
Greetz Dragun
The Netherlands.
Ryan_Clarke

Post by Ryan_Clarke »

How do you re-install a game from Steam, I just downloaded FS2013 and I got this exact same problem
Dragun

Post by Dragun »

in the game library of steam on the left you will see a column with the games you own right click on the game you want to uninstall and then left click on "Delete Local Content"

this will uninstall the game and then you can install it back again btu if your smart you do a reboot before you reinstall it.

Hope this helps.

Happy Farming

Greetz Dragun
Greetz Dragun
The Netherlands.
caveman87

Post by caveman87 »

I have just downloaded FS2013 off gametap and now when i try and play the game it tells me giants engine has stopped working how do i uninstall FS2013 and reinstall? PLZ HELP
tjfreney

Post by tjfreney »

Same has happened me, was working perfectly fine this morning and now when I double click on the icon I get the Giants Engine has stopped working screen. Can someone please help with this??
Also i didn't download it, I have the disc
BOB63

Post by BOB63 »

I have the disc too, I'm getting real tired of these problems, if it's not game engine stopped working, it's an allocation error, I tell you I'm real close to throwing this disc in the garbage
tjfreney

Post by tjfreney »

Mine works now, just ran it in admin mode and it works every time
Quacy10

Post by Quacy10 »

im having the same problem, except not threw steam. I COULD run the game perfectly fine, on high settings. Then out of no where i can run any higher than low, and if i do it crashes. And its very laggy on low... needs fixed. Game seems great and i wanna play buttt toooo many problems :frown: :frown:
ierappel

Post by ierappel »

I have the same problems, When I will start Farming simulator he says GIANTS Don't work.. (i had play this game a lot weeks before this happends)

Sorry for myn bad english but we can help me?
herrman

Post by herrman »

Are you on a notebook? If so, try plugging the power cord. Otherwise try to check if Powersave is set on Balanced or Maximum Save. In that case most times cpu works only on few cores and external graphics is excluded
Guy, if you're gonna ask for help remember that we're not beside you in front of your screen. So, please, help us helping you by giving us some details such as log.txt, hardware details...

And remember, this is a forum. It is different from Twitter. Here you can, no, you MUST use more than 150 digits to explain your thoughts

Thanks
ms0556

Post by ms0556 »

All you people that have the giants engine stopped, its not the game, its your system. if you had it working, and now it wont work, did you install any mods,??? a lot of mods are not done correctly and will bog down your system, and even stop it working. check the Log file, see what errors you have, they will help you find the problem, the LOG file is in the same folder as your savegame's scroll down to the bottom.