Cow farming, What do i need?

ImHokoo

Re: Cow farming, What do i need?

Post by ImHokoo »

Hello all and happy farming...

I have been playing the game on the default game and have had to come to this forum a few times to get info on a couple mods that wouldn't work as well as watch the video's which really are nice when you are lost...

Coming into this thread because I was confused on cow farming I learned quite a bit and I thank you all...

My question is regarding the post referring to the platinum-xtreme III map...
I love the changes that have been done to it but my question is regarding starting a new game...When you first start a new game and open up your (I) pad it shows that you own mutiple fields at the start...How can you change this so you start out with just the one field like with the default map?

This may sound strange to some, but I like to start a game with the bare mininum and earn my way up the ladder and starting this map makes me feel like I'm starting at an advantage...

So is there a way to change this?

Thanks, Rob
Wevee

Post by Wevee »

ImHokoo wrote:Hello all and happy farming...

I have been playing the game on the default game and have had to come to this forum a few times to get info on a couple mods that wouldn't work as well as watch the video's which really are nice when you are lost...

Coming into this thread because I was confused on cow farming I learned quite a bit and I thank you all...

My question is regarding the post referring to the platinum-xtreme III map...
I love the changes that have been done to it but my question is regarding starting a new game...When you first start a new game and open up your (I) pad it shows that you own mutiple fields at the start...How can you change this so you start out with just the one field like with the default map?

This may sound strange to some, but I like to start a game with the bare mininum and earn my way up the ladder and starting this map makes me feel like I'm starting at an advantage...

So is there a way to change this?

Thanks, Rob
Hi Rob, Yes there is a way to change the fields you start with.

Go into your Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2013\savegame# that you have that game saved to. In that folder you will see a file called economy.xml, open that file with notepad++ (or regular notepad but notepad++ is easier to read the data with) In that file there will be a section called <fieldOwnage></fieldOwnage> between those two tags will be a listing of all the fields in the map, like this <field number="1" ownedByPlayer="false" /> in order to own or no longer own a field you would have to change the false to true or vice-versa.

You will want to know which field you want to keep in advance of making the change and saving it because you cannot edit this file while the savegame is loaded into FS2013.
ImHokoo

Post by ImHokoo »

Ok thanks Wevee, I have seen this file regarding my other two saved games and wondered about it...

The only real advantage I give myself when starting a game is I buy and use the John Deere 7530 tractor which only costs $930 from the store...Using four or five of these tractors at the start help me save money to buy a New Holland 9090 and fork lift truck (deuts lamborghini pack)to do missions with...

Now that I think I get the idea of how to raise cows, I will try to reach that goal...

FUN!! FUN!! FUN!!
ghalmoaz

Post by ghalmoaz »

hello
I do not know to work with KUHN SPV CONFORT 12 .
anybody know about it?
ablebaker

Post by ablebaker »

ghalmoaz wrote:hello
I do not know to work with KUHN SPV CONFORT 12 .
anybody know about it?
The following works. Other mixtures work too.
Use a front loader and place 1 bale of hay in the hopper of the Confort.
Driver over to the silage silo.
Place the scoop over the pile.
Press B to turn on the scoop
Watch carefully. Stop when you see 100% don't let it eat up all your silage.
Drive parallel to one of the trough areas - I doesn't matter which you use.
When you see the unload symbol - press q
100 cows use 150,000 mix in 6 days
Last edited by ablebaker on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
horseunderwater

Post by horseunderwater »

That will just spread silage and which bale you put in to get mixed feed you need straw hay and silage
Top Soil

Post by Top Soil »

horseunderwater wrote:That will just spread silage and which bale you put in to get mixed feed you need straw hay and silage
Yup. The Kuhn SPV holds 12k. Bales are 4200. You can used between 27.5% and 72.5% of hay and silage, and from 0 to 40% straw.

So one bale each straw+hay, then top up with silage - or you could do 1-2 bales of hay, zero straw, and top up with silage. I always use hay for two reasons - 1) it's a great filler since silage is otherwise worth heaps to the biogas plant and also hay is harder to make, 2) it makes the cows produce solid manure, which has uses if you want it.

You can also use the towed trailer mixer, which holds 18k. It WAS bugged if you didn't put in silage first (but the patch notes say this is fixed), so I always put in about 5-6k silage with a frontloader first, then added 2 hay bales and 1 straw bale.

If you play on a map with the futterlager sheds, you can skip the whole bale thing and just use the Kuhn SPV to load up whatever % you want, that fits the general parameters of mixed feed.