Farming Simulator 2013 on Xbox 360/PS3

Riger

Re: Farming Simulator 2013 on Xbox 360/PS3

Post by Riger »

bassaddict wrote:The comparison with GTA5 or any other games doesn't really work.
In other games you can load the stuff dynamically in your area, simply because you can't just tab vom one part to anotehr part of the map/game. That way you don't need that much memory.
In FS that doesn't work, because you can switch to every vehicle at every time to every position at the map. That means that all vehicles you own, including the whole map, have to be in the memory.
Of course Giants could add the dynamical loading stuff and remove the vehicle switching, but I highly doubt you want that. And even if you would want that (driving/walking to every vehicle), the very most people wouldn't want that.
Yea but theres no excuse for shabby programing like default case tractors not hicthing up to certain machines like the amazon super sprayer and the amazon fertilizer spreader and giving us a truck to light for the agriliner trailer so when u drive it the front wheels are off the ground and theres no support for wwheel and pedals none of that is to do with the memory

I think theyre just trying to get on the console market to make more money and they dont really know what there doing as theyve always been a game maker for the pc market
vanden_25

Post by vanden_25 »

I think this is a great starting SIM game. I'm not a huge gamer but finally a farm game. Getting tired of the first person shooters and violent games, that kids can get their hands on. I must say thank you Giants for coming out with a game like this, I know that this will be a stepping stone and I hope more games like this are avail. on gaming consoles as well, besides the computers. And yes, I have noticed some glitches here and there but if you look past that and move on, the game can give you a good concept of the SIM life. I am now proud that a can freely enjoy a game in front of kids without people swearing on their mics cuz their cool or getting t-bagged. I would also hope that Giants does work on this a bit and turn on the multi-player patch to the game as well as taking a second look at all the equipment and comparing them a little bit better. Anyways, thanks again, and happy farming!!
Fraoch

Post by Fraoch »

Hello everyone,

We read your messages and are aware of your frustation about those limitations. Giants has already answered this question and we hope you enjoy playing the game.

http://forum.giants-software.com/viewto ... 20#p478186

Fraoch
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Riger wrote: Yea but theres no excuse for shabby programing like default case tractors not hicthing up to certain machines like the amazon super sprayer and the amazon fertilizer spreader and giving us a truck to light for the agriliner trailer so when u drive it the front wheels are off the ground and theres no support for wwheel and pedals none of that is to do with the memory

I think theyre just trying to get on the console market to make more money and they dont really know what there doing as theyve always been a game maker for the pc market
They will fix those bugs ofcourse, you are really just looking for any stupid reason to be pi** at Giants...
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
pigpen

Post by pigpen »

if you are not happy with the console version you could buy a alienware x51 computer for about $700 and the pc game.
Alienware PC.
Riger

Post by Riger »

Alagos wrote:
Riger wrote: Yea but theres no excuse for shabby programing like default case tractors not hicthing up to certain machines like the amazon super sprayer and the amazon fertilizer spreader and giving us a truck to light for the agriliner trailer so when u drive it the front wheels are off the ground and theres no support for wwheel and pedals none of that is to do with the memory

They will fix those bugs ofcourse, you are really just looking for any stupid reason to be pi** at Giants...
Not at all Ive had fs for the last 3 version of it on pc but i dont have my pc any more and its always the same theres always problems with them ud think they would test the game thoroughly before release those bits ive mentioned shouldnt have been its silly little coding errors that the testers should have picked up on I dont just have ago for the sake of it u got remember as well the console version is alot more expensive then the pc version so id expect it to be right
sfy

Post by sfy »

just curious, exactly how many games have you ever played or heard of that did NOT have a number of flaws from the beginning?
you can expect whatever you want, but the reality is there has never been, and there never will be, a game that's perfect and needs no patches when released. even the mega games like WOW, COD and the other FPS games have issues, and their budgets are 10-20 times higher than Giants was for the console release.

as for the console version being more expensive, wrong. add the cost of a pc player adding the Titanium DLC to their game and the price is basically the same. checking Giants page, the game sells for 29.99 and the DLC is 19.99 while they have the xbox and ps3 listed, with the American DLC included, for 39.99 http://www.farming-simulator.com/about- ... hp?lang=en

by the way, please use periods and commas when you write. simple forum etiquette
Riger

Post by Riger »

sfy wrote:just curious, exactly how many games have you ever played or heard of that did NOT have a number of flaws from the beginning?
you can expect whatever you want, but the reality is there has never been, and there never will be, a game that's perfect and needs no patches when released. even the mega games like WOW, COD and the other FPS games have issues, and their budgets are 10-20 times higher than Giants was for the console release.

as for the console version being more expensive, wrong. add the cost of a pc player adding the Titanium DLC to their game and the price is basically the same. checking Giants page, the game sells for 29.99 and the DLC is 19.99 while they have the xbox and ps3 listed, with the American DLC included, for 39.99 http://www.farming-simulator.com/about- ... hp?lang=en

by the way, please use periods and commas when you write. simple forum etiquette
Thats right there is a lot of flaws in games now because its too easy just to bang them out as quick as they can and it dosnt matter because of the internet if it dont work properly they can just patch it in at a later date but before the internet games had to be right and also the flaws u mentioned with other games are normaly on the multiplayer part of the game and if there is im on there forums as well saying the same thing about them.... and if u dont like the way i write its simple dont read my comments and also u have more vehicles and implements in the original version then we have also u seem to forget that u have a mod folder in the pc version for hundreds of mods u can download for free on different mod websites that the console version does not so u got alot more for ur money then what we did
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Riger, shut the fu** up and go get a pc if you prefer to play it there, stop crying about the console version that wasnt even meant to be compared to the pc version

>>Rules<<
sfy

Post by sfy »

dude, you are seriously the biggest whiner to hit this forum in quite a while. don't try to pull this **** of the games before the internet were bug free, i've been playing games since the first edition atari 2600, intellivision, and coleco consoles. those were FAR from perfect, as has been every damn game to ever be made.

"you have more mods than us console gamers...wah wah wah"...that's your own dumbass fault for playing on an overrated,outdated, and exceedingly weak console that was never good in the first place. blame sony and microsoft for the lack of free mods, those greedy bastards charge up the butt to test each and every addition to any game that is available to their customers. not like any decent modder would waste his time trying to work with the **** inside those consoles to try to make them good enough to release.

you don't like the game? tough ****. you are the one who chose to play a game designed for PC on an inferior console. deal with it.

as for you and your pathetically shitty writing, thank god for the ignore feature on this forum, i have a feeling many other people will be placing you on theirs as well
Riger

Post by Riger »

sfy wrote:dude, you are seriously the biggest whiner to hit this forum in quite a while. don't try to pull this **** of the games before the internet were bug free, i've been playing games since the first edition atari 2600, intellivision, and coleco consoles. those were FAR from perfect, as has been every damn game to ever be made.

"you have more mods than us console gamers...wah wah wah"...that's your own dumbass fault for playing on an overrated,outdated, and exceedingly weak console that was never good in the first place. blame sony and microsoft for the lack of free mods, those greedy bastards charge up the butt to test each and every addition to any game that is available to their customers. not like any decent modder would waste his time trying to work with the **** inside those consoles to try to make them good enough to release.

you don't like the game? tough ****. you are the one who chose to play a game designed for PC on an inferior console. deal with it.

as for you and your pathetically shitty writing, thank god for the ignore feature on this forum, i have a feeling many other people will be placing you on theirs as well
thats good then I wont have to read ur ignorant threads either ive read ur threads before it seems u just go around argueing with people so u know what u can do with ur threads im glad u find it so easy to act big hiding behind a pc lol
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Actually sfy does more than just argue with everyone, you are the only one i saw here posting thoughtless posts here..

>>Rules<<
Farmer_Bob

Post by Farmer_Bob »

Ladies, ladies.
Please now put your handbags away and kiss and make up. This is a peaceful, friendly site and I doubt this thread will go much further before Giants lock it down. This forum is here to discuss and help each other and not to throw tantrums and stamp your feet. If you can't get along, simply use that ignore feature and go your separate ways.

The console users are just going to have to live with an inferior product until Giants can do something about it. Whining and bitching on here isn't going to do any good what-so-ever, Giants are fully aware of the problems and I'm sure they are doing the best they can to improve things. Just give them a chance eh?

Bob. :hi:
DroZone

Post by DroZone »

is farming simulator coming to canada on console
sfy

Post by sfy »

there has not been an announcement as to when the game will be coming to North America. but it will get here, sooner or later.

best bet may be to watch the "Stickies" threads at the top of the page, they usually announce something like that in there, unless one of us finds out first by reading fs-uk