Farming Simulator 2013 on Xbox 360/PS3

Cypher

Re: Farming Simulator 2013 on Xbox 360/PS3

Post by Cypher »

Stegei wrote:Unfortunately this limit is given by the amount of RAM the system has. If you buy exactly the same model twice, it uses less slots for the second model. So to maximize the number of vehicles you can have, you should try to use as little different models as possible. E.g. you can use the same tractor for the different work. Also you could exchange 2 small trailers with 1 bigger trailer.

Can you remove the cars driving around on the map and will that give more RAM available to add more SLOTS?
XDJAIRFIX97

Post by XDJAIRFIX97 »

On farming simulator 2013 Xbox/PS3. When you buy something in the shop like a vehicle it take a slot and you only get 120 slots is there anyway of getting more slots to buy more things
Riger

Post by Riger »

XDJAIRFIX97 wrote:On farming simulator 2013 Xbox/PS3. When you buy something in the shop like a vehicle it take a slot and you only get 120 slots is there anyway of getting more slots to buy more things
If you had read this topic from the start you would see that someone from Giants had already replied to this question
Unfortunately this limit is given by the amount of RAM the system has. If you buy exactly the same model twice, it uses less slots for the second model. So to maximize the number of vehicles you can have, you should try to use as little different models as possible. E.g. you can use the same tractor for the different work. Also you could exchange 2 small trailers with 1 bigger trailer.
travis333

Post by travis333 »

I can understand the frustration with bugs and glitches but give them time and there will patches that fix them. The ram problem however is just the way it is on consoles you just have to play pc version if u can't get used to it. I am curious though how on a game like grand turismo you have such a large number of cars in your garage and just load up ythe one you want to race with. It seems like giants should be able to do it that way instead of the minimizing what you can buy. Say u only have 10. Slots to work with so u load up the vehicles you use most and if you need a different one just switch it out with another one. Just like on forza racing for xbox. Store ur equipment on ur console hard drive and swap it out when needed. That way you don't have to sell to have something new
Riger

Post by Riger »

travis333 wrote:I can understand the frustration with bugs and glitches but give them time and there will patches that fix them. The ram problem however is just the way it is on consoles you just have to play pc version if u can't get used to it. I am curious though how on a game like grand turismo you have such a large number of cars in your garage and just load up ythe one you want to race with. It seems like giants should be able to do it that way instead of the minimizing what you can buy. Say u only have 10. Slots to work with so u load up the vehicles you use most and if you need a different one just switch it out with another one. Just like on forza racing for xbox. Store ur equipment on ur console hard drive and swap it out when needed. That way you don't have to sell to have something new
We know we have to give them time to fix the glitches but were giving them feedback so they actualy know what some of the glitches are... yea its ok to load up other machinery but if ur that limited when multiplayer comes out ur be limited to about 3 other people to join cause u wont have enough tractors and machinery for much more
travis333

Post by travis333 »

I have the ps3 version on the way. I love multiplayer so that's gonna *censored*. I just can't afford what it cost to have a super computer to play on pc
travis333

Post by travis333 »

Exactly how many slots do you have on the ps3?
Farmer_Bob

Post by Farmer_Bob »

travis333 wrote:I have the ps3 version on the way. I love multiplayer so that's gonna *censored*. I just can't afford what it cost to have a super computer to play on pc
I'm currently playing on an old(er) laptop and although there is occasional lag, I can still play the game fine and I'm not really limited to how many machines I can buy. It only really gets bogged down if I do a massive amount of baling or have 5-6 workers driving the machines at the same time. Because I'm not a gamer and don't own a consul, I don't understand why people want to play it that way so bad? On a PC you get so much extra choice and can download mods (which are way better than the default equipment IMHO)

Just my thoughts on the subject.

Bob. :hi:
sfy

Post by sfy »

all you people trying to blame Giants for your weak consoles need to stop. it's not their fault your consoles are so darn weak. all Giants can do is try to work around the massive limitations of your weak little consoles.
n9mfk

Post by n9mfk »

is there a date for us release yet?
thanks
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

If there was a date -> farming-simulator.com
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Rickenbacker

Post by Rickenbacker »

Sfy got it right: The game is very much limited on consoles, but that's not Giants' fault. Sure, they could have given us more machines, with loading times from the DVD whenever you switch between them, but would you really have played that game? I don't think so.

Giants did a great job porting the game to PS3 and XB360. The consoles just aren't powerful enough to run it properly.
trogladitez

Post by trogladitez »

Are you serious? As much as I like this game, and I have both versions, it's not the hardware that's the problem, it's the engine. There are ways around the lack of memory (just take a look at gta5) it's just the dev hasn't worked out how to do this with the limited resources they have. Even on a high end pc this game isn't exactly a looker so you can't just blame the hardware. Also I can't be the only one who would of thought twice about buying it had I known about the slot system before hand.
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

The comparison with GTA5 or any other games doesn't really work.
In other games you can load the stuff dynamically in your area, simply because you can't just tab vom one part to anotehr part of the map/game. That way you don't need that much memory.
In FS that doesn't work, because you can switch to every vehicle at every time to every position at the map. That means that all vehicles you own, including the whole map, have to be in the memory.
Of course Giants could add the dynamical loading stuff and remove the vehicle switching, but I highly doubt you want that. And even if you would want that (driving/walking to every vehicle), the very most people wouldn't want that.
Riger

Post by Riger »

trogladitez wrote:Are you serious? as much as I like this game, and I have both versions, it's not the hardware that's the problem, it's the engine. There are ways around the lack of memory (just take a look at gta5) it's just the dev hasn't worked out how to do this with the limited resources they have. Even on a high end pc this game isn't exactly a looker so you can't just blame the hardware. Also I can't be the only one who would of thought twice about buying it had I known about the slot system before hand.

If giants had told us I would NEVER have bought this game its a shame