Strange behavior of feeding cows

Post Reply
ACSoft
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:13 pm

Strange behavior of feeding cows

Post by ACSoft » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:52 pm

When the cows' troughs have been sourced with the 3 possible types of feed (silage, grass, mix), to obtain a 100% yield, only the amount of mixture will decrease over the time and it is only when there is no more mix, that the quantity of the two other kinds of food will decrease in their turn. So, if you never let the mixture drop to zero, cows will never eat the other foods, which does not seem very realistic.

Is this a desired behavior and if so, why ?

Or is it a bug that has never been fixed ?

Guil
Moderator
Posts: 3221
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:43 pm

Re: Strange behavior of feeding cows

Post by Guil » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:06 am

That's the way it is. Tmr is a mix of the other stuff and is needed for 90% productivity, the other 10% comes from straw bedding. If the tmr runs out they will eat silage and productivity drops.

ACSoft
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:13 pm

Re: Strange behavior of feeding cows

Post by ACSoft » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:33 am

Yes, that's the way it is, I know. I have experimented this during the tests I made with Notepad++, editing the parameters in relation with this.

But, we still don't know if this is normal or a glitch left behind. Giants software, do you have an answer maybe ?

To my humble view, this is a glich never corrected, because I really doubt that cows will choose themselves to behave that way ! LOL ! In any cases, it simplify a lot the cows feeding process. You just have to keep the mix (tmr) always available and you can forget the 2 other foods and troughs. This is what I found not so good, but, anyway, I will live with it !

Guil
Moderator
Posts: 3221
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:43 pm

Re: Strange behavior of feeding cows

Post by Guil » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:04 am

It's normal. Silage and grass or hay is mixed for TMR. Why would you add silage when it's already in the TMR? The different feeds give different productivity figures.
https://guides.gamepressure.com/farmingsimulator2015/

ACSoft
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:13 pm

Re: Strange behavior of feeding cows

Post by ACSoft » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:49 am

As far as I know, it is the only way, if you want to obtain 100% yield.

If either grass and/or silage food are zero, you have 80% only (maybe even less if both to zero).

I will check this particular case and report here.

Hairy Bob
Posts: 443
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:09 am

Re: Strange behavior of feeding cows

Post by Hairy Bob » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:53 am

I just see it as, cows prefer TMR, so they eat that first. If the TMR runs out, they'll eat whatever else is in the trough, but produce less as a result.
Farming The West Coast on pc

ACSoft
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:13 pm

Re: Strange behavior of feeding cows

Post by ACSoft » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:05 am

Yes, it is exactly that, but the side effect is you just give once a few silage and grass and then, you forget it for ever, as long as you maintain TMR in just a single trough. I would have prefered to have to manage all 3 types of food.

Reasoning with the absurd, why, in this case, having invented this need to furnish 3 kind of food to obtain 100% yield ?

Guil
Moderator
Posts: 3221
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:43 pm

Re: Strange behavior of feeding cows

Post by Guil » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:37 pm

You don't need the others if you use TMR.

https://guides.gamepressure.com/farming ... p?ID=27300

ACSoft
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:13 pm

Re: Strange behavior of feeding cows

Post by ACSoft » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:25 pm

Right, just checked now by editing datas in the XML.

I have read also the chapter link you gave to me on guides.gamepressure and I understood now why there is not only TMR but also grass and silage as possible food. In fact, it is for the beginnig of a party, when you are still with no much means of exploitation with only a few money. By the way, thanks for this link !!! I have bookmarked it. It is really a good guide to FS15 which I didn't knew.

Guil
Moderator
Posts: 3221
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:43 pm

Re: Strange behavior of feeding cows

Post by Guil » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:38 am

Yeah it really helped me when I start playing fs15. They have one for fs17 too if you get that at some stage.

ACSoft
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:13 pm

Re: Strange behavior of feeding cows

Post by ACSoft » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:51 am

Thanks for your help Guil !

Very kind of you !

Guil
Moderator
Posts: 3221
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:43 pm

Re: Strange behavior of feeding cows

Post by Guil » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:39 pm

Glad to help.

Post Reply