Show more sheep?

Baldrick

Show more sheep?

Post by Baldrick »

Is there any way to show more of the sheep you actually own? The game just displays a handful in the field when you in fact own 100+.
Mioxuca

Re: Show more sheep?

Post by Mioxuca »

i sadly think no... :/
Farming Simulator 15 - ITRunner DLC - JCB DLC - New Holland DLC
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

There was a post recently in the german section where this was explained: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewto ... 05#p627405

According to this post the way the amount of animals that are displayed by the game is calculated by a formula and depends on which graphics setting you are playing, and it basically works as follows:

- very high: up to 12 animals -> all 12 are displayed; maximum amount of animals displayed = 25; number of animals at wich the maximum amount of animals displayed is reached= 50
- high: up to 8 animals -> all 8 are displayed; maximum amount of animals displayed = 18; number of animals at wich the maximum amount of animals displayed is reached= 50
- medium, low: up to 6 animals -> all 6 are displayed; maximum amount of animals displayed = 10; number of animals at wich the maximum amount of animals displayed is reached= 50

Regards,
don_apple
Baldrick

Post by Baldrick »

don_apple wrote:There was a post recently in the german section where this was explained: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewto ... 05#p627405

According to this post the way the amount of animals that are displayed by the game is calculated by a formula and depends on which graphics setting you are playing, and it basically works as follows:

- very high: up to 12 animals -> all 12 are displayed; maximum amount of animals displayed = 25; number of animals at wich the maximum amount of animals displayed is reached= 50
- high: up to 8 animals -> all 8 are displayed; maximum amount of animals displayed = 18; number of animals at wich the maximum amount of animals displayed is reached= 50
- medium, low: up to 6 animals -> all 6 are displayed; maximum amount of animals displayed = 10; number of animals at wich the maximum amount of animals displayed is reached= 50

Regards,
don_apple
Thanks for that explanation, much appreciated. I didn't expect a few flimsy sheep to have that big a performance impact, I would love to see 150 sheep if I owned 150 :(
I find it amazing how heavy this game still is on the GPU, even if it doesn't look overly spectacular.
viper278

Post by viper278 »

@Baldrick... I don't know about that. I don't know what your settings are on but to me I think the details are really good. I have seen a Youtube video of the same tractors and tools in a real life setting. I could have sworn I was watching FS15 video. I know the crops aren't a good match, but the detail of the vehicles are pretty spot on.
Platform = PC ---------->**PC Gaming Rules!**
Stop by on my Twitch Channel = www (dot) twitch.tv/viper278
*** YouTube = Type Viper278 in the search box***
Join the Pleasant Valley 15 forum located here: //pvmods.enjin.com
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
Baldrick

Post by Baldrick »

viper278 wrote:@Baldrick... I don't know about that. I don't know what your settings are on but to me I think the details are really good. I have seen a Youtube video of the same tractors and tools in a real life setting. I could have sworn I was watching FS15 video. I know the crops aren't a good match, but the detail of the vehicles are pretty spot on.
That is true, models are accurate. My settings are on max. But in terms of engine - compare to what a game like Far Cry 4 pumps out with the same horsepower:

http://assets.vg247.com/current//2014/0 ... 28.jpg.jpg

Farming Simulator is no AAA title sure, and it's not a fair comparison. I'm just saying there is a pretty big gap between titles in terms of engine efficiency. FC15 is fairly taxing on the PC for what it displays.
viper278

Post by viper278 »

Yes sir Baldrick... I haven't played Far Cry 4 yet. I have it but have not started playing due to my fierce addiction to playing FS15.
I have played all the other Far Cry games and was astounded by the graphics and fluid of the animations. No stutters or lighting issues.
I also played World of Planes and World of Tanks on-line and if you have seen these two games, I was amazed how 30 players can be in the arena in close proximity and not have any lag even with voice chat enable. Giants should find out what servers they use.

I too don't understand how the Giants engine is lacking behind other older engines that I think is equal to if not passes the textures of FS15.
Platform = PC ---------->**PC Gaming Rules!**
Stop by on my Twitch Channel = www (dot) twitch.tv/viper278
*** YouTube = Type Viper278 in the search box***
Join the Pleasant Valley 15 forum located here: //pvmods.enjin.com
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
Baldrick

Post by Baldrick »

viper278 wrote:Yes sir Baldrick... I haven't played Far Cry 4 yet. I have it but have not started playing due to my fierce addiction to playing FS15.
I have played all the other Far Cry games and was astounded by the graphics and fluid of the animations. No stutters or lighting issues.
I also played World of Planes and World of Tanks on-line and if you have seen these two games, I was amazed how 30 players can be in the arena in close proximity and not have any lag even with voice chat enable. Giants should find out what servers they use.

I too don't understand how the Giants engine is lacking behind other older engines that I think is equal to if not passes the textures of FS15.
I think the problem is that engines are proprietary, and although some older engines are opened up to a wider audience cheap (Like the Unreal engine) the more recent ones are very expensive. The guys who made Crysis, who were on the verge of bankruptcy, tried to make money selling theirs and licensing it to other makers more than they tried to make games with it themselves.

I think Giants use the same engine for most (all?) their simulation games so they have invested a lot. Tweaks to the existing engine are a lot cheaper than writing a new one from scratch, and it would force them to switch not one game but all I suppose, potentially redoing all models. I can see how business wise it's easier to expand upon the existing engine - but by no means is it the most efficient one out there. A massively toned down FC4 world looks better than the FS15 environment.

An optimized engine makes a world of difference. Compare for example Grand Theft Auto 4, which was ported to PC from console, which was ridiculously demanding on your system because it wasn't optimized - to GTA 5, which was specifically polished and optimized for PC. True, it is still a very demanding game and you cannot throw enough GPU power at it but that's with all the bells and whistles of a next gen game turned on. If you just put it on max settings for your system it looks fantastic.
Imagine Farming Sim 16 running on an engine that can show this:

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefee ... ot_030.jpg

But, there's a reason that game cost $137 million to develop :)