john deere equipment and real trucks

marcusfarmer

john deere equipment and real trucks

Post by marcusfarmer »

ok question is related to Giants but feel free to comment , why is there no john deere equipment that is stock and installed on the game already. bc i hate having to dowload mods to get them, and same with real pickups and semis like make the game more American and have john deere on the game to start and good semis and trucks none of this lizard and man garbage. put some petes and chev ford and dodge on the game so there is no need for mods likes theres case and new holland to start with put deere on too please ? just dont understand why there not already? because on ps3 and xbox u cant put mods on there so u have to use equipment that comes with game. so basically iam saying for a suggestion for newer farm sims that these be put on the game to start with. and iam sure there will be lots of american and Canadian farmers that agree with me
mackintosh

Re: john deere equipment and real trucks

Post by mackintosh »

Licensing. I'm sure GIANTS are well aware how much we love John Deere and just how popular a John Deere DLC would be, but it's a two way street. JD must also want to be a part of the FS stable and allow their trademark and protected intellectual property to be reproduced at a cost that makes financial sense to GIANTS. I'm sure GIANTS had made contact with JD, CLAAS and some others, it wouldn't make sense not to. Their absence in FS 15 would suggest that they hadn't been successful in reaching an agreement, but who knows. It took SCS 5 years to get a Mercedes license. Time will tell.
marcusfarmer

Post by marcusfarmer »

yah true but its stupid on jds part not to have them in game, and maybe u can help me i cant seem to find chevy 3500 mods for 2015, there are lots i have for 13 but cant find downloads for the same mods for 15. and i dont know how to convert the 13 mods i have to 15 ?
_Ty_

Post by _Ty_ »

Yeah, Mack is on point with that. Some of the bureaucracy sometimes with licensing etc., is just ridiculous. I couldn't imagine this not being Positive for Deere to be a part of FS15.

yes Marcus, many many would love to see a Deere DLC pack. Assuming it was quality like the rest of the Giants models, I'd be nearly first to sign up! The feel with the John Deere Mods around here is they are pretty much junk. All opinion I suppose, but seems to be the popular opinion. I DL a couple myself lately and not only were the textures horrible, even secondary stuff like a 350hp engine sounding like a lawn mower?!! We all know modders can do better then that. Time hopefully will bring quality John Deere products to the game whether DLC, MOD, default or otherwise.

I'd even pay for a quality model from a modder, if need be.

Anyway here is to hoping!

Ty
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

_Ty_ wrote: I'd even pay for a quality model from a modder, if need be.
Yeah, same. Coming from a long time TS and Flight Sim addiction, that's pretty much second nature to me.
marcusfarmer

Post by marcusfarmer »

can u help me find chevy truck mod downloads for 15?????
_Ty_

Post by _Ty_ »

marcusfarmer wrote:can u help me find chevy truck mod downloads for 15?????

Just have to go do some searching on the mod sites. Google is your friend.

Ty
marcusfarmer

Post by marcusfarmer »

i did cant find anything u dont think i tryed google im asking if someone can convert the 13 ones and post them so it can be downloaded
Ms.Scarlett

Post by Ms.Scarlett »

Hello everyone how are you? I am trying to download the kenworth mod even though I extracted it to the FS15 mods folder it does not show up in the game it is a Zip file could someone please help me?
Keifer

Post by Keifer »

Ms.Scarlett wrote:Hello everyone how are you? I am trying to download the kenworth mod even though I extracted it to the FS15 mods folder it does not show up in the game it is a Zip file could someone please help me?
when you enter the shop with (P) .. you'll notice the little arrow at the top right of the shop window:

click once = brands
click twice = mods

mods do not mix in with the 'official' vehicles

also .. if you are going to do MODS .. please familiarize yourself with the LOG.txt and see if you are getting any errors (do this every mod)

---> C:\Users\<NAME>\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2015\log.txt

my advice is to SAVE before entering the shop (ALWAYS) .. to prevent accidental purchases by double-click
It's the opinion of some that crops could be grown on the moon; which raises
the fear that it may not be long before we're paying somebody not to.
- Franklin P. Jones
Ms.Scarlett

Post by Ms.Scarlett »

Thank you but I have looked there and I am lost with the mod thing I am losing my interest in the game because I really want more things and the there are several mods that I really want like the john deer semi or one like it even though I have extracted the files to the FS 15 mods folder they are still not in the game!
Keifer

Post by Keifer »

your LOG.txt would be most helpful to people trying to improve your enjoyment of the game ... it will give people some idea as to the errors that your mods are spitting out .. for example, they could be mods for fs13, an easy mistake to make, since some mod sites have no qualms about mixing the results of a search

copy the contents of the document and paste it into the posting interface

otherwise, I wish you well on your future endeavors :hi:
It's the opinion of some that crops could be grown on the moon; which raises
the fear that it may not be long before we're paying somebody not to.
- Franklin P. Jones
Der_Tod

Post by Der_Tod »

I put something together about mods here: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewto ... 75#p601375 If you can't solve the problem by this, feel free to post a link to the mod which is in your folder "mods" and nevertheless missing in your game, and also post your log.txt http://wiki.landwirtschafts-simulator.d ... tig_posten The explanation for FS 2013 works for FS 15 as well. In the log.txt is shown if the game can recognize the mods.

Regards
Der_Tod
Wenn der Tod kommt, ist Sense.