LogOn: North Bay

farmertuck

Re: LogOn

Post by farmertuck »

Ok I will download it when it comes out
Oh something else can pm me I have something to ask you and for me it is easier just to check my messages cause I get an e-mail
Thanks
I play FS19 on PC!
Using a Logitech G29 and Saitek side panel.
Also a farmer IRL
EZP
1. Verwarnung

Re: LogOn

Post by EZP »

farmertuck wrote:can pm me I have something to ask you and for me it is easier just to check my messages cause I get an e-mail
OK mate...whatever is easier for you...
Platform=PC

(I am also a heavy mod addict) :D

Putting your gaming platform of choice in your signature will help us all mingle a little easier and ask/answer questions with less confusion.
Go to...Control Panel/Profile/Edit signature
EZP
1. Verwarnung

Re: LogOn: North Bay

Post by EZP »

It's up finally. Appreciate any feedback. Especially on performance and playability. Cheers gents!
Platform=PC

Putting your gaming platform of choice in your signature will help us all mingle a little easier and ask/answer questions with less confusion.
DanL58

Post by DanL58 »

Got it downloaded. I just went driving around the map so far but I like it. It is going to be a challenge running a forestry career there, definitely not for the weak. I really like the scenery throughout the map and fire tower is a nice touch with a nice view. Good thing there is no traffic or someone would have went over the edge in a few places.

One thing I noticed so far is the map icon does not always match the vehicle location. In other words, while driving on a road the icon on the map would show me way off the road. This seemed to be worse in the northeast and southeast corners.

Very well done EZP. About how long you been working on this?

I'll get back to you again here after I have a chance to play it a little.
EZP
1. Verwarnung

Post by EZP »

Ya that's the pda...I struggled to get it as close as it is. Need more trial, less error. I'll figure that one out in time.

Only a couple of weeks or less on this map. I started one...ran into an issue with sun and shadows and started over on this. I know it's nothing fancy...and some people are gonna want chickens...but I only planned vanilla forestry. Anything above that is bonus as I learn..but there is stuff to come I didn't want to put in the beta...super secret spy gadget type stuff.
Platform=PC

DanL58

Post by DanL58 »

EZ, Did some logging last night. No real problems with the map. I'd like to see the log selling point boundary marked somehow. I was using a tipping trailer and when pulling parallel to the area I missed the trigger a couple of times and had to push the logs in with the tractor. When I backed into the selling area there was no problem. Is there a storage area for woodchips, I didn't find it.

I just worked the area close to the lumberyard so far, cleared a road into the larger trees and taking them. The couple of fallen trees that you placed across the road was a nice touch. I'll try a more challenging steeper area later also I got enough money for a chipper now so I'll start that too.
EZP
1. Verwarnung

Post by EZP »

I can add something to the log sell point if it stays there. That might become a log storage rack with the sell point moved a few km's further away. Wood chip storage I should have added...and can.

Thanks for the feedback!

A note on some other stuff...
-I've got a plan now on filling up at least some of the open areas. Assuming I can figure out how they work, it will feature missions in next release.
-the custom starter equipment mods are coming along nicely...got two of them mostly done since I posted the map on Monday.
Platform=PC

DanL58

Post by DanL58 »

I haven't played it anymore yet, but just wanted to give an idea I had. When I first loaded it my first thought was that it would be nice to have an island in the large water area with a bridge to the mainland. Not sure if it is possible or how much of a pain it would be, just a thought.
EZP
1. Verwarnung

Post by EZP »

'North Bay: Dan's Island' will be the first DLC! :biggrin2:

I was thinking of a hidden, just under the surface, hard to find and follow road that would take you to an easter egg island...maybe. Probably not now that I've mentioned it :)I have lots of ideas...just not the knowledge to implement them all. One was (is?) to have buyable objects like a bridge that would shortcut some the logging trail. On the other hand...I could probably crank out a few more basic maps in the same time it would take to learn and add a few features to this one. On the third hand...I could be bored and onto a new game next week.

OT kind of...that compost mod you are looking for...someone else mentioned that this map should have some compost mod added. That's what you are referring to? I don't even know what it is...but I could look into it I guess.
Platform=PC

DanL58

Post by DanL58 »

Did some more logging on North Bay last night. No problems with the map. Sold logs and woodchips from a steeper area and seemed to work fine. Had to chase a few logs trying to roll away from me but they were acting pretty naturally. If you want my opinion, I like the map and look forward to any more features you add to it.

Unrelated question: Besides the name, is there really any difference in the 3 chainsaws available in the game? I've used them all and can't really tell any difference.
EZP
1. Verwarnung

Post by EZP »

No diff in chainsaws...just colour :)

I think this is going to come with the final version of the map. A North American length log trailer. Hauls 15m logs quite nicely. Works good, pulls good. It doesn't tip to unload or anything but it's pretty easy to unload manually with a front end loader or whatever. Oh, and it has some lights and stuff.

Platform=PC

farmboy002

Post by farmboy002 »

Very well done EZP..I think you did a fine job with making the map and the texturing. That's where I fall short when I make a map. My texturing skills are not that good, I guess I should have pay'd more attention in art class. :lol: But it is what it is and I just enjoy making maps. I know not everyone will like my maps but if I can put a little fun in just one fs players life then it was worth my time. Keep up the good work EZP. *thumbsup*
EZP
1. Verwarnung

Post by EZP »

Thanks pal :)

Ya I do this for the fun I get out of it too...it's sure not for the money and the fame lol! I literally get a tingle down my spine every time I click 'Purchase' and a new mod loads in for the first time. :biggrin2:

I share some stuff 'cause I do like to give back to whatever community I'm hanging in if I can, even if it's only in a small way. So thank you for sharing your stuff too!
Platform=PC

ChiefScotty420
1. Verwarnung

Post by ChiefScotty420 »

Nice, EZ!! I'll check this out tonight. Been looking for a new map to start a logging game on.

EDIT: P.s I like all your green equipment. Real sharp.
PC. Modded. Still holding my breath for soilmod....
EZP
1. Verwarnung

Post by EZP »

ChiefScotty420 wrote:Nice, EZ!! I'll check this out tonight. Been looking for a new map to start a logging game on.

EDIT: P.s I like all your green equipment. Real sharp.
Ha...thanks!...too bad it's the wrong shade of green though huh? :smileynew:

Just a couple small adjustments then that log trailer will ship. It's kind of cheese...like I said in the other thread it was an experiment, (the dirty little secret is It's made almost entirely out of hydraulic rams from the Brantner tipper lol!!)...but dame if it doesn't work good! Speaking of trailers and work...I should be at that...laters!!
Platform=PC