WILLGARLICK1

how do you add mods on mac

Post by WILLGARLICK1 »

i want to be able to mod on mac but i don't know how
don_apple

Re: how do you add mods on mac

Post by don_apple »

WILLGARLICK1 wrote:i want to be able to mod on mac but i don't know how
You can add mods simply by copying the ZIP-file of the mod in your "mods" folder which can be found in "Library/Application Support/FarmingSimuator2015" in your users home folder (the folder where you see the "Documents", "Music", "Pictures", etc. folders). Please also check the section "Question: How can I install a Mod (zip file) in Mac OS X?" on http://www.landwirtschafts-simulator.de/faq.php?lang=en for a picture showing the location of the mods folder.
After you have placed the mods in the folder you can verify that the game has recognised them by going to "Options - Mods", there you should now see a list of the mods you have installed.

Please note that on newer versions of Mac OS X the "Library" folder in your home folder is hidden by default and needs to be made visible first. Instructions on how to do this can be easily found on google (for example by searching for "OS X library").

If you use Safari to download mods please make sure the Option "Open "safe" files after downloading" has been disabled in the "General" preferences of Safari, otherwise Safari will automatically unzip any ZIP file which will make mods unusable for multiplayer games.

Regards,
don_apple
Python_Farmer

Post by Python_Farmer »

Hello, on my mac when I open (library/application support/....) There is no mod folder nor farming sim 15 either. I can play the game but I had to update my OS X to yosemite in order to play, and now I can't see the mod folder for farm sim 13 either. Any help would be appreciated.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Python_Farmer wrote:Hello, on my mac when I open (library/application support/....) There is no mod folder nor farming sim 15 either. I can play the game but I had to update my OS X to yosemite in order to play, and now I can't see the mod folder for farm sim 13 either. Any help would be appreciated.
Most likely you are looking at the wrong library folder. As I mentioned above you need to look in the library folder in your users home folder, but this library folder is hidden by default:
http://www.tekrevue.com/tip/restore-use ... mavericks/

Regards,
don_apple
GS248

Post by GS248 »

Worked it out guys. I use a Macbook Air. You need to look in "Finder" and then press the "alt" key before you press "Go" as the library is hidden. This worked for me anyway.
Python_Farmer

Post by Python_Farmer »

Thanks, yes I misunderstood that there is more than one library on a mac. Thanks for the help, got it working!