Spoke to John Deere

wildberry

Re: Spoke to John Deere

Post by wildberry »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:06 pmIf so get on it and make a deal! Lol getting JD on board would make this a irresistible game.
Seriuosly, you think so? Imo JD posts are becoming as annoying as console players complaining about PC users and their mods :hi:
MC, aka Master of Cereals
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

We know you guys love John Deere and the one thing I can tell you is: The guy you spoke to was wrong when it comes to 'we have not approched them recently' We speak to pretty much everyone we can as often as we can and we will for sure not ignore JD. Unfortunately, nothing has changed, but we will not give up :)
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Yeah think PR guy was trying raise your hopes up, hes not guna say"JD wont ever come to FS" to a FS player
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

It's the way John Deere is, you put that dumb little deer on anything and slap a coat of green on it and they assume it they can charge as much as they do. Though what surprises me even more is people buy it.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

It may well be that this is not about asking an insane amount of money for a license, but a given manufacturer not wanting their machines compared in a game that could lead to conclusions of some IRL potential buyers among the players that go buy a machine of the competition IRL.

If i am not mistaken JD's are on the expensive side when it comes to Kilowatt per Dollar/Euro, or with what utility their machines are equipped per Dollar/Euro. They will not like players come to the conclusion that a less expensive competitor machine does just as well for less money. In this game mechanical reliability isn't an issue so you cannot make a difference there.

Since most other brands in game more or less belong to FIAT and not really compete with each other worldwide in that strict sense, JD does compete with them and may want to have influence and not only money for licensing.

You may argue that if their brand is missing in game players possibly influenced by the game will not go for JD in the first place, but then it cannot be unfavorably compared either and they may rather have that.

I do not like or dislike JD, but on my virtual farm there would be no JD if they cost indeed 1,5 x as much as a competitor machine that has the same KW/Utility as long as i am expanding and need more money. And i know IRL i would let mechanical reliability weigh heavily in my buy decision, but in this game it has no consequence.
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Davo79

Post by Davo79 »

Beastofwar wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:18 pm It may well be that this is not about asking an insane amount of money for a license, but a given manufacturer not wanting their machines compared in a game that could lead to conclusions of some IRL potential buyers among the players that go buy a machine of the competition IRL.

If i am not mistaken JD's are on the expensive side when it comes to Kilowatt per Dollar/Euro, or with what utility their machines are equipped per Dollar/Euro. They will not like players come to the conclusion that a less expensive competitor machine does just as well for less money. In this game mechanical reliability isn't an issue so you cannot make a difference there.

Since most other brands in game more or less belong to FIAT and not really compete with each other worldwide in that strict sense, JD does compete with them and may want to have influence and not only money for licensing.

You may argue that if their brand is missing in game players possibly influenced by the game will not go for JD in the first place, but then it cannot be unfavorably compared either and they may rather have that.

I do not like or dislike JD, but on my virtual farm there would be no JD if they cost indeed 1,5 x as much as a competitor machine that has the same KW/Utility as long as i am expanding and need more money. And i know IRL i would let mechanical reliability weigh heavily in my buy decision, but in this game it has no consequence.
As far as fiat goes. They only own case new holland, steyr and kableco. So there is plenty of competition.
"I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years."
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

Tbh , i have never liked or used a jd before but i think im falling in love with them .
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

Yes you could have a few game players that would see jd as overpriced and therefore not buy their product IRL. I would imagine though it would go the other way. Look at it this way. Take the dallas cowboys out of a madden game or manchester out of a soccer game. Are people still going to buy cowboys or manchester gear, you betcha. Now through them back into the game. Did they change the whole chemistry of the game, nope. But will some kid somewhere buy a shirt or other product because they saw it in game and like them, like the colors, grandma sees you playing as them and gets you a jersey for christmas, yep. Presto. Was it worth it for manchester or dallas to be in game, it sure was.

Is sales of fs or jd going to skyrocket one way or the other if jd comes on board. Probly not on jd end but most def on fs side. Special edition covers with a jd tractor on from for dealers to put in store, giants makes money. I would imagine jd will even make a few more sales. Are they the best tractor, no. Can you find a dealership, YES. i have 10 dufferent dealerships within an hour of me. Even more if you count the number of dealerships that are under the same management. Do i have a single Same dealership around me. Nope. So even if i like the tractor in game i couldnt buy it.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Here's a fun fact: I live in NC and the closest in-game dealer to me is.... Zetor! I didn't even know they were sold in NA until I randomly drove by it a couple years ago and was like, "hey, that's that brand in the new DLC"...

I have nothing to add to this thread other than that. Carry on ladies and gentlemen.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

I don't think having JD in FS is the be all and end all but clearly they are one of the most famous and largest agriculture brands in the world so it would be nice to have them. They clearly have a lot of great kit it would cool to have in the game. I think the US maps in particular would benefit from having JD gear available. Then again we're talking primarily about console here and there aren't that many decent US mod maps available anyway.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

DarrenK wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:16 am
vondeylenfarms wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:06 pmWe all know JD will not come to FS because they have there own game
For the love, this statement gets repeated by every 10 and 12-year-old on forums ad nauseam. The fact they have their (not there) own game has nothing to do with it.
Actually since your going to be an A-hole about it...I'm 30years old not 10 or 12... Also it's called autocorrect and my phone made it there not their...but thanks for being a d-bag
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:01 am
DarrenK wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:16 am
vondeylenfarms wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:06 pmWe all know JD will not come to FS because they have there own game
For the love, this statement gets repeated by every 10 and 12-year-old on forums ad nauseam. The fact they have their (not there) own game has nothing to do with it.
Actually since your going to be an A-hole about it...I'm 30years old not 10 or 12... Also it's called autocorrect and my phone made it there not their...but thanks for being a d-bag
Tbh, i think it has something to do with it. So yeah, unless he knows why JD wont come to FS, leave us alone.
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

Davo79 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:35 pm

As far as fiat goes. They only own case new holland, steyr and kableco. So there is plenty of competition.
CNH Industrial ( merger of Fiat Industrial S.p.A. and CNH Global ) owns

Case IH
Steyr
Case Construction Equipment
New Holland Agriculture
New Holland Construction
Iveco
Astra
Iveco Bus
Heuliez Bus
Magirus

And some of that brands include other, smaller agricultural brands and therefore some tractors, harvesters and implements that are currently also in FS.

Now CNH industrial is obviously a huge global company. And they have only one direct competitor : JD

It is easy to see what reason JD could have to be reluctant to enter FS as it is now a display of their competitors machinery. Their machines will be compared to those of the competition lacking very important IRL factors. What you WILL see in game is that JD's are just more expensive, but may have the same amount of power, torque and utility.

In my country i do not see that many JD's on the farmers fields doing farmers work. For some reasons ( that you maybe may know, but i don't ) i see them being used in construction, road building and maintenance of nature parks and waterside and roadside growth. And they are mainly active in small gardening equipment.

Also, the statistics read that JD mainly dominates the North American market, and that is ofcourse a huge market. But the rest of the world seems to use CNH equipment or another brand. That being said, JD could benefit from entering a very well known farming game that is popular in many places where JD is not.
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

I personally don't care what name is on a tractor in a game where they all feel and function the same.
when I need to buy one, I make sure to pick the fastest one possible with the stats I need. The name on the side means nothing to me since they all do the same thing.
Brand and reliability mean nothing in the game since you can't repair anything.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Irish farmer 91

Post by Irish farmer 91 »

I'm nite too worried about John deere wither wayou. They make good machinery, but definitely overpriced. Even a drum of their back end oil is up round £150. Much prefer to stick to the sdf brands, both in game and irl. I use Same every day and have nevery been let down yet , for about half the price of a deere
Playing on Ps4