Spoke to John Deere

AC7045

Re: John Deere?

Post by AC7045 »

... and no offense to Europe, but the Middle part of the U.S. Supplies the world with soybeans, corn, and wheat. Farm equipment numbers and the technology associated with that equipment is nothing to sneeze at. Let's also not forget that the amount of farmland in the US is only rivaled by Russia.

The game is from Europe, dominated by European makers of farm equipment, but let's give respect where it's due... the US is the dominant force in agriculture, just come by for a visit and marvel at a 4000 acre farm. There just isn't any room for "junk". Todays market, competition from Argentina and Brazil, the expectation of the farmer himself.... there just isn't any room for a manufacturer to produce inferior farm equipment anymore.

... and I love Fendt tractors by the way, and I see more of them here in the US then I ever did when I was a kid. I'll shut up now😀
Coltar452017

Post by Coltar452017 »

I'm from ga an there are farms here alot of them everything from cotton Peanuts an everything else there more case an jd
Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

I'll give my point of view, in Mexico the JD brands, case, MF dominate the fields is to be seen a lot by my city Mexicali baja california north see the cotton combines JD and CASE but I do not know who is better but I only know that they should be left take by giants to model their units in the game if not only would show one thing that JD is very jealous and greedy company hope to see this mark in the game as well as classe this is my point of view JD and CASE are just as big just that less ambitious than other
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer:
Declan.barbour

Post by Declan.barbour »

I think they should add JD or try and get JD to join in on the game and class as well
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

TacoFarmer wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:06 pm Who really knows why.You wont get anything official,just lots of speculation.
Absolutely *thumbsup* whom from giants said that the license for jd is too expensive? It will be on this game. One way or another. Mark my words.
PS5 / FS22
Ihatemyself

Post by Ihatemyself »

John deere is good and i know because my dad owns a john deere 6630 but they are expensive here in finland and parts cost a lot and our other tractor is a massey ferguson 5610 and its a really good tractor and the parts dont cost a lot.
I like tractors and stuff :d
AC7045

Post by AC7045 »

I wanted to also mention that there were some very nice JD mods in the last rendition of this game which I played frequently. Those folks deserve some credit. The STS combine was very nice. I never drove one but sat in one and that machine was beautiful, in the game too. I also want to say thank you to Giants. If it wasn't for them all of this would be moot. I was pleasantly surprised to see Gehl implements modded and the old Kasten wagon I pulled in my younger days, both modded almost to perfection.

I in no way wanted to create any animosity with my words. I'm partial to American equipment because I ran the stuff on a real farm. I was a bit taken aback by the inferior comment and the wonder if Deere would be a leader in agriculture down the road. If you don't live in the US or have never been to Iowa, Nebraska, or any of the farm centric states, you really should hold back on your judgements.

... and let's be honest. Does anyone know a farmer who hasn't had to work on equipment that many would still consider new? It comes with the job, in farming, everything breaks... and sometimes, it breaks big. Everyone I knew was always working on something.
AC7045

Post by AC7045 »

They are expensive here (US) too. Heck try buying one for mowing your lawn... one of the cheaper models will run you two thousand dollars or more. A very nice model for a large yard can run ten thousand. A very hefty price for mowing your lawn.
Coltar452017

Post by Coltar452017 »

Push mower are cheaper
garyst

Post by garyst »

Reading some of your comments about John deere equipment being alot more expensive kinda surprised me. Over in my area the jd dealer is quiet a bit cheaper than the local case ih dealer in both new and used equipment alike.
AC7045

Post by AC7045 »

That is a surprise. Good, but surprising.
AC7045

Post by AC7045 »

Although I've seen some pretty cheap older IH low hp tractors in Northern Iowa... and an AC Gleaner for really cheap, but it looked tired. JD's seem to still be spends... unless you go real used. I did see a JD 5000 model at the auction in Dennison go for decent price. Buying new will bankrupt you quickly.
AC7045

Post by AC7045 »

Whereabouts are you Garyst if you don't mind me asking.
garyst

Post by garyst »

AC7045 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:11 pm Whereabouts are you Garyst if you don't mind me asking.
Central louisiana.
AC7045

Re: Spoke to John Deere

Post by AC7045 »

As a newbie, I recently posted "The Deere" question, not looking hard enough to find this post.

What really gets me is how ignorant some of these posts are. "Dumb Deere"? Really? Is that all you can come up with?

Deere makes huge contributions to Charities in Iowa and Illinois. They also are very active in Ag education and research.

If Deere are so bad, why do you see green everywhere in the bread basket of the world?

They may be greedy, but passing judgement on a company because they don't happen to want to participate in a game you play in the comforts of your home without actually knowing anything about real farming is pretty sad.

(And yes, I farmed, for real, in Wisconsin and Iowa. Drove AC, Deere,IH,MF,even Ford and Oliver) I love this game, but dang if the armchair Farmers don't come out of the woodwork to talk nonsense.

Everyone has opinions, but if you have never worked with the darned machine, maybe you'd be better off biting your tongue.