A question for Giants

Farmer_S

A question for Giants

Post by Farmer_S »

So, a while back I posted a bug report of what I thought to be a bug. The report in question was of the field missions. Whenever I completed a harvest mission, the field would skip straight to already planted, giving me no option to do any plowing, cultivating, or planting. It would only give me the option to spread liquid manure on the newly planted field. I just recently figured out what I had done wrong, and was wondering if this is intended behavior for the game or not, hence why I wrote this in general discussion instead of bug reports. If this isn't the right section, an admin can move it. So, for what I found out: I found that if crop growth speed is turned off in the options menu, then whenever you complete a harvest mission, it will skip straight to already planted. But with the crop growth on (as far as I know any speed is the same, just make sure growth is on), everything else works as it should. So my question for Giants is if this is the way it's supposed to be. If not, then I'll post a report later.
Guil

Re: A question for Giants

Post by Guil »

All growth gets turned off during missions. Are you saying this issue happens if you turn off crop growth before starting a mission?
Pensarethebest

Post by Pensarethebest »

Guil wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:33 pm All growth gets turned off during missions. Are you saying this issue happens if you turn off crop growth before starting a mission?
Yes. I assume that is what he is saying....because I have noticed this to be the case as well.
FS 22 and loving it.
Farmer_S

Post by Farmer_S »

Guil wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:33 pm All growth gets turned off during missions. Are you saying this issue happens if you turn off crop growth before starting a mission?
Yes, that is correct. If I turn growth off manually in the options page in the menu, then that is when this situation occurs. I didn't know that growth is turned off by missions anyway.
NateS

Post by NateS »

Yes, and this delays growth stages as well. I would love to be able to disable this 'feature. I would like to do missions while waiting for the next growth stage but sadly, it just delays the change.
PC & PS4
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

If you are not on console you can install the 'Game Extension' mod which has an option to enable growth during missions: http://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.ph ... tle=fs2017
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

don_apple wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:09 am If you are not on console you can install the 'Game Extension' mod which has an option to enable growth during missions: http://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.ph ... tle=fs2017
So is Giants going to fix the bug regarding plant growth during missions? Or, are they going to leave it with the mod bug fix and disregard 2 thirds of their supported platforms?
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

@thumbwiz: Sorry, since I do not work for Giants I can't answer this question. If you think this is a bug that Giants should fix then please report it as such in the 'Bug-Reports' section: viewforum.php?f=936 (please use the guidelines in viewtopic.php?f=936&t=110383 when creating the bug)

As far as I can see in the original bug-report this thread is refering to Giants stated they couldn't reproduce it: viewtopic.php?f=945&t=116007

There also seems to be a new bug-report that looks similar, but there it is also stated that they can't reproduce it: viewtopic.php?f=936&t=120614

And as long as Giants can't reproduce it they won't be able to fix it.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Kamoore65536

Post by Kamoore65536 »

Farmer_S wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:19 pm So, a while back I posted a bug report of what I thought to be a bug. The report in question was of the field missions. Whenever I completed a harvest mission, the field would skip straight to already planted, giving me no option to do any plowing, cultivating, or planting. It would only give me the option to spread liquid manure on the newly planted field. I just recently figured out what I had done wrong, and was wondering if this is intended behavior for the game or not, hence why I wrote this in general discussion instead of bug reports. If this isn't the right section, an admin can move it. So, for what I found out: I found that if crop growth speed is turned off in the options menu, then whenever you complete a harvest mission, it will skip straight to already planted. But with the crop growth on (as far as I know any speed is the same, just make sure growth is on), everything else works as it should. So my question for Giants is if this is the way it's supposed to be. If not, then I'll post a report later.
Are you playing on easy or normal? The only way I have found to not have the field go to planted after harvesting is to be playing in hard.
Playing on a PS4 & PS4 Pro.
Added a PC at Christmas time.
i7-7700 quad core 3.6GHz(4.2GHz Turbo)
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
120 GB SATA solid State Drive
1TB SATA III hard Drive
Added a 4K TV
Added a PS5.
NateS

Post by NateS »

Question for the OP... What is the reasoning you are turning plant growth off in the first place?

I'm not sure I've ever turned it off myself and I have no clue why Giants thought it a good idea to turn it off durring missions. Makes no sense to me.
PC & PS4
Guil

Post by Guil »

thumbwiz wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:29 am

So is Giants going to fix the bug regarding plant growth during missions? Or, are they going to leave it with the mod bug fix and disregard 2 thirds of their supported platforms?
I don't think it's a bug, I'm presuming its there to stop your crops withering if you have growth on fast and doing a very long mission.
NateS

Post by NateS »

Guil wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:38 pm

I don't think it's a bug, I'm presuming its there to stop your crops withering if you have growth on fast and doing a very long mission.
People playing on fast plant growth have neither the time nor patients to do a long mission! And isn't it still 3 hrs or so between growth stages on fast?

I'm not trying to argue or even disagree that that might have been their reasoning. Just stating that it's not practical to pause the growth stages. It makes it pointless to do missions surfing down time. You get done with the mission and you still have the exact same amour of time to wait even though the time of the day progressed.
PC & PS4
Guil

Post by Guil »

I'm sure it may be a coding issue or it may have simply been overlooked.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Guil wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:38 pm

We already have toggles for withering and growth speed. I don't understand why Giants would feel the need to override our settings. As far as I'm concerned, choosing to do a mission should be a time management decision for players to make based on the spare time they have between chores.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Farmer_S

Post by Farmer_S »

OK, for the questions:
1. I'm playing on normal, and this is when I found out about the information in the original post.
2. My reasoning? Nothing really in particular I guess. I sort of got into the habit of turning plant growth off in a new savegame to start, as I'm only harvesting my field, so I didn't really have any need for anything to grow. But I'm playing that bit in real time, so it doesn't really matter. So, not much of a reason, it just sort of happened. So the general consensus is that this is indeed a bug? I've found a workaround mentioned in the original post, so for anyone having trouble, maybe try that for now.