Sliage bales hack

Missouriboy

Sliage bales hack

Post by Missouriboy »

Hi all! Long time player and viewer of the forum. First time poster.

Not sure if this has been posted or not but it has came in real handy for me. Just make sure you have all engines running.

https://image.giants-software.com/1/A8JNbd9Z.jpg
NateS

Re: Sliage bales hack

Post by NateS »

I think you could do this without the front loader. Just drive the bale wrapper back and forth while it's wrapping. Two tractors instead of 3.
PC & PS4
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Missouriboy wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:03 pm Hi all! Long time player and viewer of the forum. First time poster.

Not sure if this has been posted or not but it has came in real handy for me. Just make sure you have all engines running.

https://image.giants-software.com/1/A8JNbd9Z.jpg
Does that wrapper auto unload?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Missouriboy

Post by Missouriboy »

The wrapper does not auto unload. The reason I was using the front end loader was because you can stack 2 or 3 of them on top of each other and right by the wrapper and then all you have to do is switch to the wrapper and unload and then the rest is already taken care of.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Missouriboy wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:23 pm The wrapper does not auto unload. The reason I was using the front end loader was because you can stack 2 or 3 of them on top of each other and right by the wrapper and then all you have to do is switch to the wrapper and unload and then the rest is already taken care of.
Awesome.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Missouriboy

Post by Missouriboy »

NateS wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:25 pm I think you could do this without the front loader. Just drive the bale wrapper back and forth while it's wrapping. Two tractors instead of 3.
I also loaded the bales on a trailer straight out of the field and then unloaded them. After they are all piled up it is hard 2 get the wrapper in their 2 pick up a bale. It becomes quite messy. So I went and grabbed a front end loader and worked perfectly.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

I've used the McHale 991 in the past, which lets you pick up the next bale whilst the previous one is still wrapping.
I'd get 2 bales picked up, drive to the edge of the field and unload the first, then go get another whilst the second one was wrapping.
I got bored after an hour or so and went back to using a baler/wrapper combi...
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

Well, if you are on PC and the trailer is with UAL autoload, you actually don't have to have tractor attached to it at all. Simply drive it to the location you want it, set it to "working position" (U?) and you can unlink the trailer. It will still load any set bail type if the bale comes close enough.
Second - on PC we have "auto unload" mod for wrappers. So, set the tractor with the wrapper close to the trailer, engine running. Now you just have to bring fresh grass bales to the wrapper and it all works magically - wrapper wraps, unloads and then the trailer loads the bale. 2 tractors used, just the one with frontloader has to be driven.
On nice level fields you can use Courseplay to do almost all the work:
1. tractor with pottinger combo in front, 9,3m windrow in the back. Or just use BigM.
2. the same course with baler
3. the same course with wrapper. CP sets the offset automatically and usually its OK, but sometimes you have to fiddle a bit.
4. The same course with bale collector (+another course for unload - bit trickier to set up so it will not clog up the unload point - usually it's just easier to manage the unload point yourself).
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

Or big M with Ultima baler behind! You have to set the speed to 3mph for the wrapper to keep up, but leave it in a big field for a while, come back and you'll have hundreds of bales to collect.
Good for big maps with hilly fields, as the bales don't have chance to roll away before being wrapped, and you often find a lot of them at the bottom of a slope!
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc