System Storage (Help Giants) For Consoles

BullFarmer

Re: System Storage (Help Giants) For Consoles

Post by BullFarmer »

It is to do with how powerful your system is since it has to load all of the selected mods every time you load into a save game or start a new game.
If you had too many mods your PS4 just won't be able to load them all and it would just crash everytime, which Sony don't want, which is why they make game creators put limits on how many mods are allowed.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

maybe he's right but even so giants should find us a few more GB for console modifications maybe if it could crash but it could also be that we do not so let's leave this in the hands of the giants computing experts this Monday to see if he reads us this and we solve something or help today it is too early for us to give an answer let's see on Monday that can help us with the ability to modify the console and this I said in another thread but nobody grabs me I said that many good mods are coming out and those that are missing from BSM. and we will not have space for so many good mods and I only have the mods that I really use but even so it is not enough for me already three maps already it is filled to 85% it is much already erasing only one and some additional mod I have it up to 95% no I know what will happen but hopefully they can help us with this problem for a good future of the game and the good of all the farmers simulators good day everyone this was my opinion
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer:
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

As it is all up to Sony and Micky and as they really don't give any heck about what people, think I'm not sure we get an upgrade on that one soon.
If I remember correctly, Lisertan once told that they have already taken this issue up Sony and MS.
I hope more developers knock their doors with this so that they will have the need to respond and fix it.
PS5 / FS22
Ron938

Post by Ron938 »

:biggrin2:
AC7045

Post by AC7045 »

I'm no tech guy, but I think the limit might have something to do with the game crashing. I hate the PC for games like this. It's buy buy buy. You don't have enough of this, or too slow of that. In FS15, I'd download a mod and flip a coin and wonder if it would work. Something always needs updating or someone would tell me I have to make changes to a registry. The PC is a litany of whatif's.

I too don't like the limits, but I'm just grateful FS17 on Xbox One works as well as it does.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

I see what you are saying bullfarmer. but I disagree I was looking at the games I do have and tomb raider uses almost 7 GB more than FS17 so if that's the case everytime I try to load tomb raider it would crash but it doesn't. so sony could give us almost 7 GB more since FS17 is only using 10.95GB and tomb raider is using 17.75GB. I just wonder what other games use in GB, like GTA and others.

lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Guil

Post by Guil »

GTA is 50 something gb
Actually it's just under 45gb.
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

If possible , we could download console MODS on a storage stick and stick it in and all your MODS appear .
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

It doesn't matter how much HDD you have, I have close to 2TB of free space between my external drive and my Xbox's internal drive. Mods don't work the same as a game does, it runs off of RAM, which you only have a specific amount for games and specific amounts are used for the console itself. Plus on the big scheme of things 8GB isn't all that much anymore. Plus you said it yourself, Sony originally only wanted to allow 2, so be grateful you got what you got. It isn't going to change in FS17 and it likely won't change all that much in the next installment. It is a simple fact and limitation of the consoles.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Guil wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:49 pm GTA is 50 something gb
WOW! That much. I had all those games. but sold them all. except FS15 and FS17 oh and Tomb Raider
Soles2023

Post by Soles2023 »

Guil wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:49 pm GTA is 50 something gb
Interesting it is that small. Is that on PS4? It's 71GB on XB1 and reserves 14GB every time you load the game. So that's 85GB in total.
XB1/PC
Guil

Post by Guil »

That's what the PSN store says anyway. I'll try get on the PS4 tomorrow and see what the install size is.
markare

Post by markare »

The basic install is Guil. But with all their updates and patches that they install takes it to 85gb.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Guil

Post by Guil »

Ah yes I never even thought about patches.