CDmodelZ

Slivicon

Re: CDmodelZ

Post by Slivicon »

I don't understand why they would think they're any different than any of us other modders with mods on the modhub. It's been discussed before and quite obvious that there are a lot of ratings that have nothing to do with the quality of the mod and everything to do with whether it is available for console or not, or if it is a prefab and not a mod and other ridiculous reasons that have nothing to do at all with the quality of the mod.

So, for my own mods and for everyone else, I've decided the "rating" means much more "a measure of the people who are interested in the mod" and much less to do with the quality of the mod.

Just watch the trends in the ratings for prefabs - really excellent prefabs, but because they are only of use to people who mod, they take a huge hit in "ratings" because of all the "I'm not interested in that" 1 star ratings. Same with mods that are not available to console, despite the 40,000 conversations that have been had that show this is not the fault of the modder; again, "I'm not interested in that" votes.

Once I started seeing that "rating" was much more "level of interest" and much less "how good the mod is", I started being a lot more understanding as to the "rating" of my mods :P
Coltar452017

Post by Coltar452017 »

I think all modders should get five stars for good quality mods
STL

Post by STL »

I uninstalled FS17 awhile ago on my PC, and xbox so my opinion probably doesn't matter. I think rating should only be able to be done in game. Prefabs should only be able to be rated in Giants editor. That would at least make people download and use a mod to be able to rate it. Means console gamers couldn't rate PC only mods. Just my 2 cents.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Farmer_S wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:26 pm Yep, they're punishing their fans just because of a couple of trolls. Even though the numbers of the fans is much higher than the number of trolls. See it how you will, but this is punishing the wrong people. The trolls really don't care that this is happening, in fact, it makes it seem like they won. The only people that this hurts is the good people.
+1 *thumbsup*

I wonder why people just refuse to accept the fact that those kinds of reactions don't really do much good for themselves or anybody enjoy their mods. It is just giving the trolls what they want. This is not the right solution.
PS5 / FS22
Slivicon

Post by Slivicon »

STL wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:53 am I uninstalled FS17 awhile ago on my PC, and xbox so my opinion probably doesn't matter. I think rating should only be able to be done in game. Prefabs should only be able to be rated in Giants editor. That would at least make people download and use a mod to be able to rate it. Means console gamers couldn't rate PC only mods. Just my 2 cents.
I think that is a great idea, hopefully @Lisertan will see your comment and consider bringing it up with the team as a possible way to improve the ratings system. My understanding is that the rating system is tied in to the charity donation and rewards system for modders, not just number of downloads, so for the people who think "internet points don't matter", they do in that case.

They may not be able/willing to change it in game in this version, but they may be able to consider changing the web page for rating, possibly looking at linking their web site login system to their game licensing systems/xbox, psn account/steam etc. so that ratings are only for the platforms where an FS license is owned...

The prefabs rating only through giants editor should be fairly trivial for them to do, though, if not the other stuff...
NateS

Post by NateS »

I don't think some unregulated internet rating system should be used to determine someone's income. Nor should the amount of downloads determine it. Maybe mods should be purchased by Giants? I don't know what the answer is.
I know I use mods every day but have never rated them. If I did go on modhub to rate them, I'm guessing I'd give the ones I use 4-5 stars and not rate the ones I don't use.
PC & PS4
novass

Post by novass »

I use modds alot..if it wasn't for modds..as bad as this sounds..I'd be done.some of the most interesting modds are tge best..to me.thaps are amazing to keep interest alive..and hopes to keep playing,that a modder (model maker) will create what you want.
I truely believe that modds should go to the ps/xbox stores in groups..like four similar maps for one price and same with tractors/trucks/implements/placeables, ect.then rate it.also some modds don't say enouch about the modds ability. .like what dies it do/function? and list of specs like lenght/width /weight /capacity. .special features ut has,engine hp/torque. there us so much that could be done..just like the 1/1 or real world is...
the times I've used rating system..I didn't know if it had even accepted my rating..it was confusing to me..maybe I'm dumb..something needs to be changed on the rating system. .maybe Giants us solving it right now for fs19..we don't know.
I do know throwing your hands in the air and walking out makes tge problem worse..not better..I think if a modder makes a modd to help Giants and us players..they deserve respect not bad ratings..that way never helps.if you want to talk or tell a modder something that you feel will help it or make the modd better..talk to them.maybe they will implement it the modd..maybe they can't and its been thought of already..who knows.be kind and caring to thoses providing us all with a fun game that includes Giants /all modders and brands that participate in Farming Simulator games..my opinion. take care all.
Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

I always like a mod I like I rate it with 5 stars in esoecial to this moder since it has many mod that I always use most especially the trailers to which I go is that I give my rating of 5 stars and when I go out and charge the page again is not reflected my rating allows me to rate it again and again I think I think a problem with the website of giants does not reflect the qualifications of the moderators so I think that CDmodelZ :hi: does not know or knows and giants do not I do nothing to solve this problem, I do not know if you realized what I think and I hope that this will be solved soon because the truth is that thanks to the modifications we are still playing this game !!! Giants! get to work hard please this game can give more thanks to the moderators :hmm:
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer: