rattlesnake valley

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
ThaFarmer

Re: rattlesnake valley

Post by ThaFarmer »

I can't wait to see it, but unless I will have to re-import my "ProNature AG / Sewage treatment plant" and my "AdditionnalMapTypes"... x.X

I gotta say, the ProNature AG PreFab isn't a big job...
Adding fruits on the map is way harder and it's SO easy to mess everythings up...
I haven't count the number of reset I had to perform begause I forgot something or made some kind of misstake... AND it requires to convert the fruitdensity.gdm file to add the required layers, which means/requires/leads to a field state reset...
By experience, It's the BEST moment to add it to the map if you don't want to lose all your crops, as seasons mod requires a field state reset too...

Adding fruits allows to have more fields without having too much crops in harvest (by experience, again, if you have too much fields and your harvest brings more than 250k liters, it causes a big price drop)...
I can tell, Once I harvested 270k liters of Soybeans, and it lost over 500$/1000l...

Anw, I can't wait to see a preview of the update!

Anw, SomethingOnMyShoe2, This map is really amazing! I tried your other maps, and this one is a masterpiece!
Personnally, I grabbed a better PF mixer, the GTX PF-5000. I've got over 250(and selling 38+/day) pigs to feed, so the map's one is too much work for what it gives... At the quantities of food they require, It's mandatory to be able to tip in the mixer with a Tipper...

In order to have work everyday with Seasons mod active, I began harvesting wood and making the SawMill work. I also installed the SVapa-Agro placeables pack and starter some productions. like meat prodcuts, Straberries, Rasperies, RedCurants, CharCoal, Pallets, cartons and few others.

If we had some industries buit-in the map, that would be SO amazing!
But It might need some intensive work, as I havent seen any prefab, only placeables version...
Unless you could add it as purchaseable placeables within the map?

Best regards, ThaFarmer.
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

somethingonmyshoe2 wrote:hi there
map update time
well im still changeing over 300 trees (season on the new look rsv looks stunning)
then its on to a fix list.
its not just a small update this time round
Hey, I've got a couple of questions about the snowmask you add to the map...
I'm wondering, will you leave the snow on the roads?
How many layers will there be on the map?

I can't wait for the update release! :)
Tho I'll have to re-add the ProNature AG sewage plant and the AdditionnalMapTypes for the map to work with my savegame, but it shouldn't take me more than half an hour to re-do these modifications this time.
somethingonmyshoe2

Post by somethingonmyshoe2 »

hi there all

map update time

well the update's going well on this map

new fruitTypes added so far to the map (i may added more but not 100% sure on this)

oat rye spelt triticale millet

small farm silos added for new fruitTypes on small farms only ( as the dlc seeders will not take new seed Type, only the in game seeders so far work well )

70% of all trees now changed for the seasons mod (all finish on that part)
seasons ready now with snow mask added to the sheds and stuff (still testing but works as far as i can see)
seasons mod now shows new fruitTypes as well.

now all i got to do is redo all the grass on the map as i had to change the (fruit_density.gmd, added more channels to gmd for new fruitTypes)

now im going to change some of the placeables on the map

and last but stll needs work is add fruitTypes to choppedStraw

there i think thats all for now folks
StoneC0ld

Post by StoneC0ld »

Just one question..... Will our existing saves work on the map update, or will we have to start anew?
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

somethingonmyshoe2 wrote:hi there all

map update time

well the update's going well on this map

new fruitTypes added so far to the map (i may added more but not 100% sure on this)

oat rye spelt triticale millet

small farm silos added for new fruitTypes on small farms only ( as the dlc seeders will not take new seed Type, only the in game seeders so far work well )

70% of all trees now changed for the seasons mod (all finish on that part)
seasons ready now with snow mask added to the sheds and stuff (still testing but works as far as i can see)
seasons mod now shows new fruitTypes as well.

now all i got to do is redo all the grass on the map as i had to change the (fruit_density.gmd, added more channels to gmd for new fruitTypes)

now im going to change some of the placeables on the map

and last but stll needs work is add fruitTypes to choppedStraw

there i think thats all for now folks
Great! I can't wait to use it!

For the part that you have to "redo all the grass" on the map, have you used the "grleConverter" tool that is on Giant Developper web site?
It's fairly simple to use, it's in the ShyWizard's AdditionnalMapTypes youtube tutorial.

StoneC0ld wrote:Just one question..... Will our existing saves work on the map update, or will we have to start anew?
Sadly, as he's adding more fruits/crops, you'll have to re-start from scratch if you have cold feet about XML editing...

But if you're brave, you can save some part of your farm status as I did:
- backup vehicules.xml to the desktop(or any other folder if you prefer)
- install external accounts mod
> export your money(editing file "externalAccount.xml" could even allow you to give yourself extra money to re-purchase any fields you had)
- start a new game, savegeme, close FS17.
- Go to your savegame folder, replace the vehicules.xml with the backed-up one.
- Start your new farm, re-select ALL the mods you had(if you miss any, the related equipment/items/functions will be lost) you should have everything but your money, previously owned fields.
- recover your money from External Account mod.
- you can now re-purchase your fields you want(or can afford)
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Write down any crops you have stored as well you can even add food amounts back into the animal troughs. If I remember right those will be edited into the map xml or for placeables the vehicle xml.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
StoneC0ld

Post by StoneC0ld »

ThaFarmer wrote: Sadly, as he's adding more fruits/crops, you'll have to re-start from scratch if you have cold feet about XML editing...
(instructions omitted)
Thanks, but I do already know how to port vehicles and field ownership from one save to a new one. Done it twice, already--once with the update from v1 to v2, and again when I added Seasons Mod to my copy of the map. It's just as easy to just edit the xml to transfer money and field ownership. Less than 5 minutes, and I'm up and running again.... :)

I just wanted to know so that I could make a plan for how and when to install the map update, given that I'm running Seasons mod (using my own Seasons mod implementation onto my copy of the map), and that I'm currently in late summer with all my crops not yet ready for harvest, have to figure out at what point of which season that I want to reset everything but what I can port over from my current save.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

There are console commands in Seasons which can get your crops back into growing order if you wish
somethingonmyshoe2

Post by somethingonmyshoe2 »

hi there all

well the long hrs of work to change the map to look the part is starting to pay off. (loads of trees changed(map makers nightmare))
talking of nightmare's the new crops, well i have hrs of work to add the grass back to the map.

but on the good side i only have to finish of the grass.

im going to upload maps all in one day when i finshed the grass on this one

1 Rattlesnake Valley (pc only)
2 Golden Days Of Farming (pc and console) ready and waiting for upload
3 Mustang Valley Ranch (pc and console) ready and waiting for upload (more of a fix)
..........................then following the up on the upload list............................
1 oldtime farm ironhorse (pc and console) ready and waiting for upload
2 tomb stone farm (pc and console) ready and waiting for upload (yes its now finished)

as you can see by the list (its getting there and no im not just working one map for you all lol)
jneltner

Post by jneltner »

Any update on Rattlesnake Valley? Im really looking forward to playing this map with the Seasons mod fully integrated. EDIT: just seen you were in Hospital....Get Well Man, No Rush!
Old Dairy Farmer

Post by Old Dairy Farmer »

I have run into a weird glitch while playing RSV with seasons, that being that the PDA map does not recognize AI having plowed fields, i "must" do it myself to get the PDA to show the field as plowed, graphically the field does show as plowed.

Also after having the AI cultivate a field and saving, upon reloading said save those fields were no longer cultivated, PDA or graphically. :?:
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

you must have a mod that bugs ur PDA, I don't have this problem... check your log if there's any error...
have you reset the fields state as proposed by the seasons configuration upon actiating it?
Old Dairy Farmer

Maybe that's it i don't know, and yes the fields got reset, i actually had to delete the save and i also uninstalled the map itself, it got so bad the fields were showing 2-3 stages of field conditions and actually locked the screen up and i had to kill my PC at the surge bar and reboot.

I have Northwest Texas as well as Black Mountain Montana playing with seasons live and have seen no such issues., i also uninstalled the two mods i had loaded before i saw this issue pop up, i get the same graphics glitches with RSV now without seasons live as well.

I have a bunch of mods in folder, as long as the Black Mountain map isn't being influenced i am loathe to try RSV without mods, i lived 20 minutes south of Missoula MT in Stevensville for 13 years logging and ranch handing.

Who knows maybe ill get tired of the mods and start fresh at some point :coolnew:
Old Dairy Farmer

Well i am "tinkering", i stripped some mods i can live without (which is a few lol), and i am downloading RSV again, we will see.

I have played this map before without issue, i am sure i can dig the problem out with some "tinkering". :biggrin2:
Old Dairy Farmer

No idea whats up with this map, every time i try and download it from the mod hub it hangs at 100% and never clears yet it "is" in the mods folder.

When i extract it, the mod hub gives me an update flag every time, when i try and update it it hangs again and again never clears, still in mods folder however.

I have never had a download like this from FS17 lol, i have removed a ton of mods now so maybe.