rattlesnake valley

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
wiseguy49

Re: rattlesnake valley

Post by wiseguy49 »

Not sure if this is the issue or not, but make sure to uncheck all your other maps from the mod list. So when you are playing Rattlesnake for example, make sure to uncheck Black Mountain. Most of the time when you play modded maps and you have more maps selected than just the one you are playing it can cause a lot of issues.
Old Dairy Farmer

Post by Old Dairy Farmer »

Nah i am used to making sure no other maps are checked, it is something else i haven't cornered yet, i even checked my drivers and did a stress test on the card and all was green, Black Mountain plays smooth as a kitten with settings maxed.

I did spot two errors in the log but eliminated them to no avail.

The map played fine in the past, no idea. :confusednew:
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Probably snake bit.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
somethingonmyshoe2

Post by somethingonmyshoe2 »

rattlesnake valley ready for upload but there's a problem with seasons on a 4x map . im going to wait for fix on the seasons part (well its not the map this time)
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

somethingonmyshoe2 wrote:rattlesnake valley ready for upload but there's a problem with seasons on a 4x map . im going to wait for fix on the seasons part (well its not the map this time)
What's the problem with the seasons mod? Edit: Is it the growth status stripes appearing on the map?

As I wrote in a previous post, I edited(for personnal use) RSV V2 for additionnal fruits and put snow-mask on some buildings, also added prefab ProNature AG sewage treatment and I haven't seen any major problem till now...
The only bug I have is that when I check the growth status of the fields, there are darker lines(like if those lines were already to next stage) appearing on the map and fields, but I pretty sure it's more a layer bug that happens sometimes at the conversion(grle-converter to change from 9 to 12 layers) as I'm sure I had these before(I forgot to re-convert) I activated Seasons...Edit: this part is wrong, after some more tests I realized it is caused by seasons...
Last edited by ThaFarmer on Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Old Dairy Farmer

That's interesting because when i plowed field 15 before all the field glitches started it was showing final stage fertilization after just plowing the harvest stubble under with 3 stage fertilization option enabled.

Field 12 did not exhibit that change.

The Ai also refused to fertilize either field by any means no matter what i did, i have not had that issue elsewhere.
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

Edited: I doubled-checked on my end, and I was wrong about plowing with chopped straw on field... See Next post(I couldn't delete this one)...
Last edited by ThaFarmer on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

Old Dairy Farmer wrote:That's interesting because when i plowed field 15 before all the field glitches started it was showing final stage fertilization after just plowing the harvest stubble under with 3 stage fertilization option enabled.

The Ai also refused to fertilize either field by any means no matter what i did, i have not had that issue elsewhere.
This fertilization bug is weird,
I just tested on a backup of my game( with multi fruit, without seasons), and Chopped Straw is fertilizing when plowing. at this time my game fertilization setting was at 1, I changed to 3.
- field 15 was harvested, with chopped straw on ground.
- plowed with BigBud Pack culti-plow
- Field fertilization status with fert. setting at 3: light blue(stage 1, normal with C.S)

About your Ai problem:
1. If the field is already fully fertilized, Ai worker won't accept fertilizing.
2. I strongly suggest you begin using CoursePlay mod!
- Much more effective in term of cost and effectiveness...
- CP allows you to quit the game while a worker(s) is(are) active, and when you come back you simply need to re-start the CP driver(if the course is still loaded), it will continue where it was, and it won't have the "stupid worker" bug at the end of the row(turning the wrong way, going back on an already worked area)...
tek

Post by tek »

i know it's been discussed before but I never saw if we ever came to a conclusion on why the belt systems were not working? specifically for the silage bunker...
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

tek wrote:i know it's been discussed before but I never saw if we ever came to a conclusion on why the belt systems were not working? specifically for the silage bunker...
It's been mentionned before, it's a problem with the 4x maps, and I think it's the same error that blocks console compatibility...
somethingonmyshoe2 wrote:hi there
the 2 errors are still on all 4x maps (conveyors not working right) and header space on cutting corn.
i have no fix for this. (and give up trying to sort out a long time a go lol)
(Material groundDetail_mat, Hash 469EA36E.00028000-00000000.06080000)
(Material groundDetailHeight_mat, Hash 7D7BBC34.00028000-00000000.06080000)
You have 3 alternative ways to make silage on this map:
1- PC(scripts): Use either the Goweil LT master, the Krone Ultima CF 155 XC
- PC&Console: Kuhn FBP 3135 from the DLC.
2- Drop ur grass into the fermenter at the Main Farm yard(makes silage and liquid manure)
3- Use the forage dumptable as a buffer and fill it using the 10k liters WheelLoader silage fork, I tried it it's a little hard to keep stuff in it, but if you're good at manoevering a W.L it's manageable(I did test it and managed well with other material)
Last edited by ThaFarmer on Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tek

Post by tek »

hmm, wish i knew more about the programming side of fs. Is there a way to allow the BGA sell point for silage to allow a trailer to dump into it?
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

you want to make money out of ur silage: bale it(bale&wrap grass)!

you seem to have missunderstood what I wrote and the quote from SoMS2... The conveyor belt bug might be only fixable by Giants(and yet, I remember reading that even them aren't sure they can), so even if you knew more about the programming side of FS, I strongly doubt you could do anything...

To be more precise on the use of the forage table:
- Download the mod Lizard FDT 8m http://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.ph ... tle=fs2017
- activate it in your savegame
- buy it and place it between your bunker and the uper-dropper belt(replacing the picker-upper one), but don't align it yet(so it doesn't start transfering silage to the conveyor)
- fill it with silage using the W.L silage fork(10k liters)
- place the conveyor belt so the table empties(ouput on the left side, there's a small spout on the corner) in it and align/extend it so it empties in the bga
- Start the Forage table and using the WheelLoader&silage fork, keep the forage table as full as possible as it empties to the conveyor(should be easily manageable).
tek

Post by tek »

sorry, I did kinda misread your response, makes much more sense now thanks to your reply and re-reading the first post. I believe I've got it all figured out now.
Old Dairy Farmer

ThaFarmer wrote:
Old Dairy Farmer wrote:That's interesting because when i plowed field 15 before all the field glitches started it was showing final stage fertilization after just plowing the harvest stubble under with 3 stage fertilization option enabled.

This fertilization bug is weird,
I just tested on a backup of my game( with multi fruit, without seasons), and Chopped Straw is fertilizing when plowing. at this time my game fertilization setting was at 1, I changed to 3.
- field 15 was harvested, with chopped straw on ground.
- plowed with BigBud Pack culti-plow
- Field fertilization status with fert. setting at 3: light blue(stage 1, normal with C.S)

About your Ai problem:
1. If the field is already fully fertilized, Ai worker won't accept fertilizing.
2. I strongly suggest you begin using CoursePlay mod!
- Much more effective in term of cost and effectiveness...
- CP allows you to quit the game while a worker(s) is(are) active, and when you come back you simply need to re-start the CP driver(if the course is still loaded), it will continue where it was, and it won't have the "stupid worker" bug at the end of the row(turning the wrong way, going back on an already worked area)...
I am sure this is on my end due to some ground modification/mod whatever, it is a guess but i noticed on RSV that my tire tracks from gear were totally absent with that option enabled at 400%, zero tracks whatsoever, or the dirt from dirt to asphalt transition vanished almost instantly.

The field (15) in question was in fact "not" showing any stage of fertilization when the AI was attempted, so it is a head scratcher, saving and quitting a session after partial fertilizing a field has always worked for me without CP active, so i am at a loss there as well.

The AI simply refused to fertilize on RSV at all, plowing and cultivating they would do, but after saving and restarting the field(s) cultivated had reverted entirely to the plowed state, the work had totally vanished.

On Black Mountain which was offered as Seasons ready this does not manifest, nor does the fertilizer or AI issues, SOMS2 i see is doing a Seasons version, guess i will just re-download and try it then. If it still does it i will dig into anything that mod modifies ground conditions in any way.

I am no modder in any sense, however i have played Northwest Texas 4x with Seasons active and it responds exactly like Black Mountain does, being a 4x map makes me think RSV may perhaps benefit from some observation of NWTexas or perhaps a conversation with that maps author considering SOMS2, who knows.

It is a curiosity to me as NWTexas is not listed as Seasons compatible and it is a 4x map.

I appreciate your responses and help by the way, thank you. :biggrin2:
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

This field state problem is in fact very weird...
Have you checked your log fild for any warning or error?

With those problems/bugs you should have some kind of messages in the lof file...

You could also post your log file in a quote, I could check if anything appears abnormal to me...

Having made a few edits myself I'm now used to analyzing log file to find the source of a problem.

I just debugged my RSV V2 edit after having added Seeds and Fertilizer silos in GE.

Happy to help by the way :mrgreen: