LiquidStoragePack

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Slivicon

Re: LiquidStoragePack

Post by Slivicon »

bdbssb wrote:
Slivicon wrote:Yes, as can be seen by the latest influx of Giants prefabs. I don't think there is anything wrong with the prefabs, but they got pounded with low ratings. My guess is people are using the rating system for how much they want or don't want something, not actually for a rating on the quality of the mod itself.

I think we just have to keep in mind that there are a lot of kids out there, some by age, some by mentality :P

Anyway, not to hijack, so a question:

I wondered if there is any issue with the kotte garant trailer loading slurry from the pig area on GCV. I ran into a situation where I accidentally filled it partially with water, loaded up the watertrailerfix mod so I could dump the water, then went to fill up on pig slurry. It had the toggle values in the help menu and they changed and the fill sound even played when I pressed R, but the volume didn't change on either side.

I bought the vanilla version and it worked.

So, I'm not sure if it was something to do with the water thing that I did, or a possible mod conflict of some sort with one of the other mods, or something in the storage pack itself. I should probably go to single player and test, but in case someone recognizes this, I thought it might save me having to do the test.
Hmm, unfortunately I don't know much about the other mod. I would imagine that could have something to do with it. I would say just dump any remaining water into the storage tanks?
I've been in touch with the other mod owner as well. So, in another situation I have emptied all water out of the trailer via the watertrailerfix mod, but I cannot load water again. I'm going to have to do some tests in single player when I have time just with that mod by itself and no other mods, then go from there...if I find anything more out that might relate to the liquidstoragepack I'll let you know.
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

Unloaded slurry into this but could not then load my slurry spreader !.,
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Am I missing something or is it not possible to refuel vehicles directly from the storage, only tankers?
bdbssb

Post by bdbssb »

niggle44 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:21 am Unloaded slurry into this but could not then load my slurry spreader !.,
What slurry spreader are you using, and for now you can always load the tanker and overload the slurry to the spreader.
bdbssb

Post by bdbssb »

FarmerJimbob wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:12 pm Am I missing something or is it not possible to refuel vehicles directly from the storage, only tankers?
Unfortunately you can only store fuel in the storage, you will have to fill one of the actual fuel tankers to fuel the equipment, this is a trigger issue that I have not seen anyone get around unless using a script. Even then a storage fuel trigger as a placeable usually causes errors if sold.
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

niggle44 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:21 am Unloaded slurry into this but could not then load my slurry spreader !.,
You overload from the tanker. get in the truck that pulls the tanker and a message in the info screen shuld pop up saying overload.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

bdbssb wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:23 pm
FarmerJimbob wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:12 pm Am I missing something or is it not possible to refuel vehicles directly from the storage, only tankers?
Unfortunately you can only store fuel in the storage, you will have to fill one of the actual fuel tankers to fuel the equipment, this is a trigger issue that I have not seen anyone get around unless using a script. Even then a storage fuel trigger as a placeable usually causes errors if sold.
Fair enough, thanks for the reply.
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

Ok - was just trying to avoid the overload element and placed the storage close the fields I needed to slurry on and load spreader directly.
bdbssb

Post by bdbssb »

niggle44 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:15 pm Ok - was just trying to avoid the overload element and placed the storage close the fields I needed to slurry on and load spreader directly.
Anyone else had this issue? I was able to fill sprayers but not sure that I’ve tested an actual slurry spreader. Liquid triggers can be picky. I would assume they work the same way as the overload tanks or the sprayers. I just did like someone else mentioned (overload). I find I waste slurry if I don’t hire a worker. So what I do is hire a worker then grab the tank from the liquid pack and drive next to the worker and overload on the fly.
bdbssb

Post by bdbssb »

I’ll try to mess with the tanks when I get a chance. I just tested to confirm the placeable doesn’t fill the ingame spreaders. I’ll see if I can tweak the collision settings.
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

bdbssb wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:29 am I’ll try to mess with the tanks when I get a chance. I just tested to confirm the placeable doesn’t fill the ingame spreaders. I’ll see if I can tweak the collision settings.
Thanks *thumbsup*
bdbssb

Post by bdbssb »

niggle44 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:15 pm Ok - was just trying to avoid the overload element and placed the storage close the fields I needed to slurry on and load spreader directly.
Ok. I did some testing. Unfortunately the issue is what I feared. I tried changing some collision settings in the placeable's triggers but it didn't make a difference. I tested the liquidManure placeable that I modeled it off of from modhub and it doesn't load the in game slurry spreaders either. The issue is in the spreaders themselves. There is an attribute in the spreaders xml that is set <allowFillFromAir value="false"/>. The attribute needs to be "true" to work with the type of load out trigger used. LOL not sure if all that matters to you besides the fact it doesn't work, just wanted to explain the issue. I would love to just edit the in game spreaders and put them in the pack however giants doesn't allow equipment xml's to just be edited.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
bdbssb

Post by bdbssb »

Update coming as soon as it’s finished in testing by modhub/giants. Upped the capacity of the storage tanks and added a hitch to the back of the small tanks.
FusionAudio

Post by FusionAudio »

Thank you bdbssb.I'm lookin forward to the update.I use your liquid storage tanks on all maps and the little tanks aswell..there great!..we need a manure buy point to.I know there is a slurry buy point and I use it.maybe you can make a manure buy point and I use you amazing trailer to..thank you.
bdbssb

Post by bdbssb »

FusionAudio wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:44 am Thank you bdbssb.I'm lookin forward to the update.I use your liquid storage tanks on all maps and the little tanks aswell..there great!..we need a manure buy point to.I know there is a slurry buy point and I use it.maybe you can make a manure buy point and I use you amazing trailer to..thank you.
Thanks bud. I’ll look into it.