Oregon Seasons GEO Mod

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
MountainFarmer

Oregon Seasons GEO Mod

Post by MountainFarmer »

Hello, I am trying to create my own GEO Mod for the Oregon Springs map. This is my first time trying to mod FS17. I am willing to share (i.e. upload it to modhub) if it will work.

I copied the Wales GEO mod (as Wales is probably closest climate-wise to Oregon, from the currently available GEO mods). I then obtained monthly high and low temperatures in Celsius for Portland OR, calculated the averages and replaced the Wales based values seasons_weather.xml. I also adjusted the latitude in seasons_dailight.xml. I eyeballing the rain and cloud probabilities from the same website as in the original GEO mod (www.weatherspark.com).

I have three questions:
  • Does the temperature data obtained for January (in reality) go into the values for period 1?
  • Is season 0 equal to winter or to spring?
  • What are the mu and sigma values in the real world? I understand they are statistics, but of what real world data?
Thank you for a great mod.
MountainFarmer

Re: Oregon Seasons GEO Mod

Post by MountainFarmer »

I managed to get it to load without error, but the icon does not display correctly in the mod selection menu before the game starts. The icon slot is blank, all though I provide a dds file. The file is wikipedia's flag of oregon converted to dds using paint.net. Is there a specific dimension requirement?
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

period 11 = january, 12 = februari, 1 = march (seems odd but 1 is early spring, start of the game)
season 0 = spring

The weather stuff is slightly complicated. If you gather a bunch of data, you can contact reallogger and he might make a file for you. In a future version we plan on making this easier.
MountainFarmer

Post by MountainFarmer »

Alright, I can work with that.