[READ] Cow Power Food Issue

Chetty

[READ] Cow Power Food Issue

Post by Chetty »

Well question sitting at 1,161 cows power food is at 655,340 liters and not going up anymore there is a gap at the end as well. When dumping TMR into the cows the power food bar does not move but the silage/hay bar moves and the numbers go up. Is this a bug or something to do with MP servers? Will upload a vid if need be later tonight or tomorrow. If this question has already been asked please kindly redirect me to where I may find more information on this. Thank you.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: Cow Power Food Issue

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi Chetty!

Yes - a video would be great. Please also provide us with the following info:

- What platform are you playing on?
- Are you using any mods?
- If on PC: Could you post a log in the spoiler?

Thank you!

Regards,
Lethian
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
Chetty

Post by Chetty »

I will try to provide a video. I am playing on PC mods: Yes many mods about 2 gig of mods including the map.
Attachments
log.txt
(6.08 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi Chetty!

I've taken a look at your log file and there are indeed lots of mods loaded - have you tried reproducing the same error without any mods loaded at all? Could you give me some feedback if the problem persists that way? Thank you!

Regards,
Lethian
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Any update on your problem, Chetty?
KuKoKaNuKo

Re: [READ] Cow Power Food Issue

Post by KuKoKaNuKo »

Not sure if this is a closed thread but I too have issues with TMR/Power Food also filling the Silage/Hay for cows. I'm running on PC through Steam and have tried it on both default maps AND modded maps. Also used the default Siloking 1612 and modded versions.
What happens is when I dump TMR/Power Food in the cow trough... only 40% is counted towards the "Power Food" slot and the other 60% is counted towards the "Silage/Hay" slot on the animal display. I've combined screenshots to draw a better picture of the issue...

The frustrating issue is that if I continue to add Power Food I'll end up with a massive amount of Silage/Hay and very little Power Food. AIso.. its a mix of 6k Silage + 6k Hay + 4k Straw in case you're wondering.
I took 4 screenshots and cropped the cow info image into the game screenshots to save space.
Thanks in advance.

KuKo
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

thats how it works, I wish it didnt, but thats the way it works
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
KuKoKaNuKo

Post by KuKoKaNuKo »

Yes..... I know this is how it is.... I posted this hoping for a fix. So that dumping Power Food will ONLY add to Power Food..... OR to at least give a 50/50 split.... because we're doing all this work mixing food when it only adds 40% of it.
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

I have a similar issue on PS4 64K of TMR does not come out in the cow stats - only a certain proportion with rest going to hay/silage.
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

Isn't the consumption of Hay/Silage and Power Food proportionate to the mixer ratio? A cow "has a meal" and the quantities of those components decreases at an equal 60/40 split?
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
KuKoKaNuKo

Post by KuKoKaNuKo »

CombineBert wrote:Isn't the consumption of Hay/Silage and Power Food proportionate to the mixer ratio? A cow "has a meal" and the quantities of those components decreases at an equal 60/40 split?

With pig food it's easier... you just buy the bags and it'll add food into every category. It doesn't drain at the same rate however which is fine.
As far as Cows are concerned though, you have to manually add grass because TMR (or Power Food) should only add TMR. But for some reason it add's both that AND Silage. If they would've done it similar to pigs and have it also add grass then I'd be ok with that but it doesn't. And the really annoying part is that TMR has a 60/40 split when u add it to the troughs.
I would like to see this fixed to a 50/50 split or ONLY add TMR or add all 3 @ a 33/33/33 split. *thumbsup*
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

Personally I have never brought pig food, I always grow the individual components. But that is my personal play style, everyone plays their own way.

When I have worked cows in game and used the TMR machines exclusively, other than grass, I've never exhausted hay/silage ahead of power food. They are consumed at the same rate. Run another batch and both bars go up the same. If you feed hay or silage separate it will be out of sync.
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
KuKoKaNuKo

Post by KuKoKaNuKo »

CombineBert wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:31 am Personally I have never brought pig food, I always grow the individual components. But that is my personal play style, everyone plays their own way.

When I have worked cows in game and used the TMR machines exclusively, other than grass, I've never exhausted hay/silage ahead of power food. They are consumed at the same rate. Run another batch and both bars go up the same. If you feed hay or silage separate it will be out of sync.
It's not about the sync of the the food indicators. It's about the fact that if you deposit TMR into a trough, the game adds 60% of it into the silage slot and only 40% into the TMR slot... instead of giving 100% into the TMR slot. Why make use have a mixing wagon that makes TMR if it's going to split it? It's a bug that should be addressed.

Also, after adding TMR with the 60/40 split... the "TMR" bar drops 1st before the silage and so if I add more TMR i'll end up with so much silage that it'll never drop.
NateS

Post by NateS »

This is not a bug. You don't ever have to feed hay/silage to the cows. Just mix your TMR and dump it. It is a 60/40 split and will be consumed at that rate as well. This is working as intended. Only feed hay/silage separately if you do not intend to mix TMR.
PC & PS4
KuKoKaNuKo

Post by KuKoKaNuKo »

NateS wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:00 pm This is not a bug. You don't ever have to feed hay/silage to the cows. Just mix your TMR and dump it. It is a 60/40 split and will be consumed at that rate as well. This is working as intended. Only feed hay/silage separately if you do not intend to mix TMR.
It doesn't get consumed at that rate... cows run out of TMR 1st, then I'm left with excess Silage, so either I'm forced to add more TMR and end up with even more silage or leave the TMR empty and wait while they feed off the silage and grass and have a reduced production rate.