[WON'T FIX] Case IH Sugarcane harvester problem

Farmer_S

[WON'T FIX] Case IH Sugarcane harvester problem

Post by Farmer_S »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PC, although others have reported the same issue across all platforms.
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Case IH Sugarcane harvester rear hitch
- Issue: The rear hitch will only connect to dolly-type trailers. Oddly enough, the big randon dolly trailer will attach, but is useless because once it is attached, the harvester cannot move because the back end is off the ground.
- Single- or Multiplayer: Single
- Steps to reproduce: Try and attach different trailers to the harvester.
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no: yes

I know it's been talked about in the general discussion section, but it should be reported here as well. Couldn't we at least use the small lizard sugarcane overloader? Apparently the small trailed harvester works, according to other sources, so it's odd that the self-propelled one doesn't work. And I definitely don't want to harvest a larger field with the trailed harvester.
1oldman

Re: Case IH Sugarcane harvester problem

Post by 1oldman »

I am having the same problem with the A8800. I tried almost every trailer and dollys, but with no luck. They need to fix it and put an update in.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

the standard HKD302 tipper trailer (21000L) fits and works perfectly on the back of the Case IH Sugarcane harvester, it also holds more than either 12000L and 20000L sugarcane trailers.

the trailer harvester is designed with higher drawbar vertical loads in mind, with a hydraulic pickup hitch for quickly attaching and detaching trailers, it also has a spout shape to cope with a lot larger size variance of trailer, whereas the automatic pin coupling on the back of the Case IH Sugarcane harvester is designed in the main for lower drawbar vertical load trailers and more occasional use, as it is primarily for use in a "system" in just the same way as most self propelled forage harvesters do, in having vehicles/trailers to be loaded drawn alongside.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

This isn't a bug. Giants has confirmed that they made it that way on purpose. Also you can use the Fliegl Bull or Agroliner HKD 402 mod trailers, both work properly as well and have a similar capacity.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

b101uk wrote:the standard HKD302 tipper trailer (21000L) fits and works perfectly on the back of the Case IH Sugarcane harvester, it also holds more than either 12000L and 20000L sugarcane trailers.
It doesn't work 'perfectly' at all. Try to hire a worker and see what happens when they get to the end of the row and try to turn. It says 'helper blocked by object.'
Farmer Don

Post by Farmer Don »

the single line harvester while you drag along behind with a tractor works fine via ai or self driven with any size trailer, however using the case harvester, my worker seems to get things all wrong at the end on the pass, this was my decision to downsize to a smaller machine.. lol...
also cultivated and planted sugar-beet on field 2 and working about a 3rd of the field (with some sketchy parts) the ai decided to take a run for it, i am not sure if it was the pay, or the work I had given them.. it was after a 3rd was done that the ai will not harvest no more, same thing with me, nothing was picking up..
Farmer Don

Post by Farmer Don »

while working on the field next to 2, field 1 I think (sugar beet) I let the ai harvest the crop, when using the Homer overloader, ran along side the harvester (T4) to empty into my truck, ok now the harvester is empty, so the ai ran off again,, hmmm so I have to re-hire a new worker, I come back, do the same process and he/she runs off again after emptying..

so I think the ai thinks the field is done after emptying the harvester...

and other members found this out to..........
Snowmexican

Post by Snowmexican »

Very disappointing none of the new trailers can be pulled by the case harvester that piece will not be used on single player farms now it just takes up to much time and you can't watch it operate because you're to busy trying to keep it straight realism is good up to a point this is a game it's supposed to be entertaining and play ability should be a top priority. Finally get trailers that make the forage harvesters fun to use but limit something else. The best option figure out how to get a tractor pulling a trailer beside the harvester with two workers or make adjustments so a cane trailer can be pulled.

I've said it once I'll say it again I work as a foreman on big construction projects and I like to play this game like that too I have my workers I set them up with their tasks when they are done I move them to the next location. What this game needs is for me to be able to show the worker how I want something done be it scooping silage or working a field I do it once and then workers copies what I did every time he is sent there.

Kind of ran off subject there but regardless love the sh!t out of the game new textures are amazing
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

Snowmexican, your second paragraph is pretty close to a description of courseplay, in case you didn't know.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
Redsnapper13

Post by Redsnapper13 »

My issue is that once the trailer is full I cant unload it - anywhere!!!.. Ive tried different trailers, using AI when loading or driving myself etc and still nothing.... I get no "unload" option on any of them. Means I know have a field that I cant harvest! this is on PS4
RogsR35UK

Post by RogsR35UK »

(PS4) I use the Fliegl Bull (32000L) and Hire a worker At the end of the row I Dismiss and manoeuvre around for the next row and Hire again. I detach the trailer when it is full and take it away with a tractor. Not the most efficient but at least I don’t have to guide it down the rows.
NateS

Post by NateS »

Redsnapper13 wrote:My issue is that once the trailer is full I cant unload it - anywhere!!!.. Ive tried different trailers, using AI when loading or driving myself etc and still nothing.... I get no "unload" option on any of them. Means I know have a field that I cant harvest! this is on PS4
Are you using one of the trailers that came with the new DLC? They unload differently than othert trailers. The controls are more like that of a bucket than a trailer. You don't get an option to just push triangle to unload.
PC & PS4
Snowmexican

Post by Snowmexican »

Hairy Bob wrote:Snowmexican, your second paragraph is pretty close to a description of courseplay, in case you didn't know.
I am a ps4 sir master race. Damn thats a sweet mod I'd kill to have that but let me guess scripts giants hook it up in fs19
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

I did hear a whisper on here that fs19's workers will be akin to a toned down version of courseplay, but that could be wishful thinking.
I'd get saving for a PC, it's the best bit of farm equipment I've ever bought, and my other half uses it to stream to the TV when I'm not using it!
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [WON'T FIX] Case IH Sugarcane harvester problem

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi guys - yes, this is the intended behaviour. the Case IH sugarcane harvester does not even have a hitch in the rear IRL. We added that so you guys can start harvesting right away without the help of any helper ;) Normally this is a two man job - one guy harvests and the other picks up the sugarcane in a trailer.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images