Is Logitech Driving Force GT working in the game?

Vinolik123

Is Logitech Driving Force GT working in the game?

Post by Vinolik123 »

Hi
Before I buy I just wanted to know whether or not Logitech Driving Force GT is working with the game?
Deadpan110

Re: Is Logitech Driving Force GT working in the game?

Post by Deadpan110 »

Yes... and No...
Step 1: use the 'properties -> settings' in the game controller menu on the Logitech Profiler, set steering to 900 degrees and spring efects to about 40 (adjust to suit you).
Step 2: to keep 900 degree rotation when launching the game, also UNTICK 'allow game to adjust settings'

Buttons will be unfortunately mapped as a PS4 controller (which it is possible to re-bind) ...including pressing the right control stick down (obviously the wheel does not have this).

Other buttons (like the BIG center button, and the red dial) are not detected when pressed.

Side note - this was all working in FS17.

Good luck.

Edit: Also in the game main menu, go to controller settings and set the 1st dead zone from 14% to 0% otherwise you get about 45 degrees of dead zone in each direction trying to steer.
Frithgar

Post by Frithgar »

I found I needed to set the last two axis to 200% sensitivity and dead zone around 10% for the pedals on mine as well. Once you have all buttons mapped (as mentioned above) it will remember them and does well. After a little set up time, mine is working very well
For Farming Simulator 17 Timelapse and gameplay videos try https://www.youtube.com/user/Frithgar
Vinolik123

Post by Vinolik123 »

Thanks for the answers guys *thumbsup* I'll wait till after christmas, hopefully Giants get a few updates out
Leonara

Post by Leonara »

I am using the following setup and it all works perfectly with the original install, once install the patch. It all goes to hell. Steering doesn't work, joystick doesn't work. Re-install fresh, no patch, everything works again.

Logitech Driving Force GT steering wheel
Logitech Extreme 3D joystick
Logitech G13 programmable keypad
Logitech G11 keyboard
Edtracker Pro head tracking (acts as TrackIR)
and a second Insignia wireless keyboard.
Apache1222

Post by Apache1222 »

I noticed with the Logitech G13 keypad/gamepad that the game thinks its a joystick. At least on my system the game was trying to map controls to the logitech g13 joystick that shows in device manager. Narrowed it down after looking at the inputbindings.xml and seeing which device ID was being referenced. I disabled that joystick in device manager and just let the logitech gaming software control the g13 and now no issues. Running 1.1.3 version but had to manually edit my inputbindings.xml to get my Saitek side panel working the way I want it to.
WildBill813

Post by WildBill813 »

Deadpan110 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:27 am Edit: Also in the game main menu, go to controller settings and set the 1st dead zone from 14% to 0% otherwise you get about 45 degrees of dead zone in each direction trying to steer.
After patiently waiting for the latest patch, I started FS19 back up and was again let down.

I have all my dead zones set at 0% (and tried 1% just for giggles) and I still get about 10 degrees of travel in my wheel and pedals before the game responds. I'm OK with a bit of a dead zone in the pedals, but I want zero or almost zero dead zone in my wheel.

Add to that the fact that I still can't change cameras from inside to outside of a vehicle (or vise versa) and I'm just going to stick with FS17 for now.

Giant's, you've really disappointed me on this one. I'll keep watching to see if FS19 gets fixed, but I'm tired of trying to fix everything myself.
Deadpan110

Post by Deadpan110 »

Update: Version 1.2.0.1 fixes all the buttons with the Logitech Driving Force GT (default mapping is certainly not to my liking - but they are correctly re-map-able and save-able now - adjust to your play style accordingly).

The only dead zone problems I have (encountered so far) are with Trucks (only tested Phoenix 6x6 Agro)... there seems to be an in-built dead zone.

@WildBill813 - My steering with other vehicles feels just like it did in FS17... my wheel is directly mirrored by the 'in vehicle view' and turning seems to be just as accurate (except for the truck mentioned above)... have you tried resetting and saving the game controller settings from the 1st main game menu? (or deleting them and reloading?)... perhaps some buggy settings have stuck around for the update? ...I hope you have good luck with it.
hallfastrac

Post by hallfastrac »

the logitech dfgt works well with all patches, but fs19 does not like the logitech profiler software driver either turn off or uninstall just plug in the wheel windows will set it up, then re map buttons to your liking, been using since fs11 with no issues profiler only good for saving individual game settings.
hubcap_1

Post by hubcap_1 »

Vinolik123 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:29 pm Hi
Before I buy I just wanted to know whether or not Logitech Driving Force GT is working with the game?
Yes...mine is. If you export your current FS 17 "Profile" from the Logitech profiler window ( look in there you will find export, create a manila folder on your desktop and then you can export to there) to the manila folder on the desktop you can then Import from the profiler to create the same mappings for 19. You will have to edit the profile and show the 19 game file rather than the 17 file path.
hubcap_1

Post by hubcap_1 »

hallfastrac wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:58 pm the logitech dfgt works well with all patches, but fs19 does not like the logitech profiler software driver either turn off or uninstall just plug in the wheel windows will set it up, then re map buttons to your liking, been using since fs11 with no issues profiler only good for saving individual game settings.
I didn't have any such problem....and imported my mappings from 17....no problem !
hubcap_1

Post by hubcap_1 »

WildBill813 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:26 pm
Deadpan110 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:27 am Edit: Also in the game main menu, go to controller settings and set the 1st dead zone from 14% to 0% otherwise you get about 45 degrees of dead zone in each direction trying to steer.
After patiently waiting for the latest patch, I started FS19 back up and was again let down.

I have all my dead zones set at 0% (and tried 1% just for giggles) and I still get about 10 degrees of travel in my wheel and pedals before the game responds. I'm OK with a bit of a dead zone in the pedals, but I want zero or almost zero dead zone in my wheel.

Add to that the fact that I still can't change cameras from inside to outside of a vehicle (or vise versa) and I'm just going to stick with FS17 for now.

Giant's, you've really disappointed me on this one. I'll keep watching to see if FS19 gets fixed, but I'm tired of trying to fix everything myself.
Try going deeper into the settings for the profiler. In the main window check the bottom left and select steering....make sure you have 100% range and sensitivity selected. Ther are a few other tricks like in options / global settings make sure you have 19 selected as the "persistant profile"
WildBill813

Post by WildBill813 »

Good news, deleting my settings and starting over seems to have fixed the dead zone problem. (I also had a problem switching camera views, but that seems to also be fixed.)

For the most part, I'm now awaiting some key mods and I'll cheerfully make the move from FS17 to FS19.