The wait begins!

lefe1

Re: The wait begins!

Post by lefe1 »

^^me too..239hours :-o ^^
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

Jeeze are you retired? You play this game 80 hours a week like job?

It is not even that good of a product yet to put that much time into.

I quit at 100, I just could not take the bugs anymore, and a shell of what 17 has to offer.
FarmerJeff

Post by FarmerJeff »

I have about 70 hours on Ravenport. My farmer owns a New Holland T5 and a small Kuhn solid fertilizer spreader, one field and six horses. Ride the horses and do contract work. $400k in the bank on Hard setting in the ninth day. Four horses will be sold on the tenth day for $200k and will buy two more. No loans. Have done nothing with the field. Goal is $1 million in the bank to begin farming. Thousands of hours on FS13, 15 and 17.
hun3

Post by hun3 »

I do a mix of farming and farm building...kind of fun to be honest. With the horses money is flooding in so not much of a challenge.
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

There is too much emphasis on making lots of money early game IMO. The initial grind can be long and quite dull if you don't do contract work, and accelerate time too much. But you'll gradually increase the amount of cycle time you spend working on your own land and the money will increase. You have to plan carefully what your goals are and manage your time well. Time intensive tasks are OK to do once or twice for the experience but not a quick way to progress in the game. The expensive equipment needed for root crops is a no go area early game as far as I'm concerned.

The further you get into the game, the more you have going on at your farm. So the level of interest and satisfaction increases. The end of my next cycle will see my 6 plots of land having their first animals. Horses. I'm getting ready for them now, with a hay barn and oats growing in 2 fields. 10 days later should see enough profits for me to start my 2nd area up in the mountains of Felsbrunn, near to the sawmill where I'll turn fields into forests for the 2nd part of my grand scheme.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
snyperal

Post by snyperal »

That's a good idea to use that remote. Mountainous area for something unique... It'll be a pain to track equipment up there!
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

Yeah, that's what I thought. I've been up there with logs lot's of times. And Fertilize up there if there are 2 or more contracts at the same time. Also once did a baling contract up there which involved around 7 trips up and down the mountain. Won't be doing that one again! The land price seems very high for such a remote area too.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
snyperal

Post by snyperal »

I'd like to terraform a highway straight up the mountain. A job for a trial save methinks!
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

80 hours on Ravenport and still not bored :)
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
pigpen

Post by pigpen »

I think the reason people are tired of this game it is tougher to make money on it. With FS15 I would have made a million dollars by noon on day one. With FS19 money comes very slowly. I played a week on the Ravenport map with just field 7 before I was able to add field 6. With the patch the price of the BGA got doubled. It now costs over 700,000 dollars to buy it. Can make some good money growing cotton now.
Alienware PC.
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

since the day of the launch, with +/- 100 hours of gameplay and after starting each of the new maps about 6 times to test strategies, I can say that I really like the game. I look forward, however, to the new mod maps and seasons so that the experience of the game is TOP
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi: